Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

New Charles Tyrwhitt / Avios discount code now launched

Shirtmaker Charles Tyrwhitt has launched a new discount which will also allow you to earn Avios.

Until 28th August, you will save £5 on a £50 spend, £10 on a £75 spend and £15 on a £100 spend.

It is valid both instore and on orders placed via the website here.

You MUST add code TCAW2 for the discount to be applied.

Charles Tyrwhitt Avios

You earn 4 Avios per £1 spent both instore and online.  In a shop, tell the checkout assistant your number and they will ensure your points are added on.  With online orders you can add your number doing the payment process.  Full details of the Tyrwhitt Avios deal are here.

Comments (99)

• BJ says:

Anybody know why the London AC hotels are not listed in the new Marriott category charts? Anybody got any thoughts on Design Collection Town Hall property at Bethnal Green?

• Lumma says:

Never stayed there but the restaurant was nice when I ate there. It has a decent reputation but it depends where you want to be in London really although it’s not too far from the central line station

• Dev says:

Those Charles Tyrwhitt Avios never credit to my BA Executive Club Account. They used to, when they were part of the BA online shopping platform. Ever since they changed it to in-store, online and telephone orders, I have provided my EC number each time and been assured that they will post, but they never did appear in my EC account. Following up with their customer service team was a disappointing experience – they claim that the Avios don’t credit because I never provided my EC number!

• Michael Jennings says:

Just in case I have missed it, we don’t have a list of which Starwood Hotels are going to be in which new Marriott categories as of Saturday do we? I am planning on a weekend at the Aloft Liverpool in October using points. I guess I should book it before then.

• Steven says:

Is there a way to filter out the discussions on Marriot Travel packages? Every article has comments on it!

• TimM says:

“Do NOT pay in Turkish currency, however, because you have no idea what exchange will be used at the time the transaction is processed”

PAY in Turkish Lira – it is always the best deal. Use Revolut or similar zero-fee foreign conversion fee. The fare in TRY can be 10-20% less than the airline’s converted fare.

Really, Rob, I thought you would have known better.

• George says:

While generally this is the right advice, in this case I reckon Rob’s on the money – there’s no way of knowing what Lira will be worth in even 24 hours – a 2-4% FX load and a guaranteed price is (at least for most) better than the risk of a big shift when the transaction settles.

• TGLoyalty says:

Curve will charge the rate right there and then. Yes you need to pay 1% for the privilege but it’s probably worth it

• TimM says:

Revolut give the interbank rate sans fee before the transaction is even confirmed on the screen. A push notification to one’s device gives the price in Sterling and exchange rate charged milliseconds after clicking ‘buy’.

No fee, no delay, how all cards should work.

• the_real_a says:

The best solution is to open a TRY wallet inside revolut. Exchange the money at the interbank rate in the app at the live spot rate. Then ubsequent use of the revelation card in TRY will use the wallet currency first.

• Ruth4325 says:

Recent Amex offer for Connaught etc. I had a bill for £700 ish with Connaught and split it over both my Amex cards for double bonus. Now wondering if this line in the offer T&Cs forbid that
    “Payment is required in full on the American Express Card to which the offer is saved.” Anyone know how to interpret this?

• Eleanor says:

For the Charles Tyrwhitt promotion has anybody had any success with avios being credited to their account? I have made various purchases in store, given my BA exec no. and received no added avios on my BA exec statement?