Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Avios confirms that you can keep your 2nd Lloyds credit card upgrade voucher sent in error!

On Friday we explained how many Lloyds Avios Rewards cardholders had unexpectedly received a 2nd annual upgrade voucher in their avios.com account.  Click here for that story.

Avios has now made a statement on social media about this.

The bad news is: it was a mistake

The good news is: you can keep the voucher!

See the message below, sent to a HFP reader:

Comments (117)

• Ronster says:

Good evening everyone.

Hope your all well.

Can anyone tell me if the Lloyds upgrade voucher, can ONLY be used by the primary credit card holder?

Can the additional card holder also use the voucher for an upgrade?

Thanks

Ronster

• Info says:

can be used for a BA return for one person (only the named Avios account holder)

OR

for two one-ways (on same flight) for two people

• Lev441 says:

It doesn’t need to be the person traveling, I’ve booked in other people’s name before

• Ronster says:

Hi Lev.

When making this booking for someone else did you ring BA or can it be done online?

Thanks

• Alex W says:

I booked for someone else by phone.

• Lev441 says:

By phone! Was a month ago (it was a voucher in my dads name which I used for myself)

• Ronster says:

Hi Lev

Thanks for that

But unless the terms and conditions have changed recently, only the primary card holder can cook an upgrade return ticket. Just spoke to a manager at Avios Customer services.

Did you book it calling BA?

Thanks

Ronster

• PAL says:

Does anyone know if I book dub ord jfk with the first leg on EI, this booked on the AA website, would this earn BA tier points? Thanks.

• Gary says:

Rob,
    Thanks for the heads up on this one.
    I’ve a requirement to get to Cairo next month and redeemed my voucher for an upgrade to club (ABZ-CAI) This route switches to an A321 for the winter timetable and with no WTP it’s a great deal at 20k avios and £370 in taxes. The BA cash fare for the exact dates was £3542 !