BA Sale

IT’S BACK: Get £50 off £100 spend at Amazon with Amazon Business

EDIT:  The good news is that this offer has been extended to 14th September.  The bad news is that it is now less generous.  You can still save up to £50 on your next Amazon purchase, but it is now based on ‘25% off your next purchase of up to £200’.  The code has also changed to B2B25OFF.  The links in the article below are still the correct links to use when signing up.

Last Autumn, and again just after Christmas, we ran a very generous promotion with Amazon Business.  For a limited period, it is back.

If you sign up, for FREE, to Amazon Business you can save £50 on your next £100 Amazon purchase.

(I know this is outside our usual ‘miles and points’ coverage – so don’t moan! – but it is a good offer and frankly we’re touched that Amazon takes such an interest in HFP!  This offer has only been made available to a small number of Amazon partners and these are mainly blue-chip sites.)

Amazon Business half price discount

If you have your own business and sign it up – for FREE – to Amazon Business before 14th June, you can use code B2B2018 to get 50% off your next purchase, up to a maximum £50 off.

Virtually all items on the Amazon UK website which are sold directly by Amazon, not from third party sellers, are included.  You do NOT need to spend the voucher buying business supplies.  Alcohol, clothing, books …. anything you like, as long as it is sold by Amazon and not a third party.  You need to redeem the voucher by 18th June.

To sign up to Amazon Business you need to click here or click the ad above.

You will see this offer mentioned on the landing page as long as you click through from HFP.

You MUST click through to Amazon Business via our link (the URL will say shopperpoints-21 at the end) to receive your 50% discount code.

If you have extra-strong anti-tracking software on your computer, it may strip out the tracking code from the URL.  This means that Amazon will not see that your click came from us and you won’t get the voucher.   If you have installed additional ‘no tracking’ software then, before completing the form, double-check the URL in your browser does still show shopperpoints-21 at the end.

Using your 50% Amazon discount code

The 50% discount code is B2B2018.

However …..

The code is only ‘live’ on your account 48 hours after you receive an email from Amazon Business to say that your new account has been verified.

YOU CANNOT SIGN UP AND USE THE CODE IMMEDIATELY!

You need to click through via the HFP link, sign up, wait until your receive the ‘account verified’ email and then wait a further 48 hours.  The code will be active on your account at that time.

Save £50 on your first Amazon Business order

As a reminder ….

As a reminder, Amazon Business combines Amazon’s existing selection, convenience and value with additional business-specific features including:

• bulk pricing
  • Pay by Invoice (subject to satisfactory credit checks and credit limit)
  • downloadable VAT invoices
  • spend management tools

You can find out more on the registration page here.  Add GB in front of your VAT number if requested in order for it to be accepted.  The full terms and conditions are here.

The deadline for signing up to Amazon Business to activate the ‘50% off’ B2B2018 code is 14th June.  You will have until 18th June to use the code.

ENDS TUESDAY: Virgin Atlantic Bank Holiday sale deals now on
British Airways announces Elemis Spa improvements

BA Sale

Comments

1. L Allen says:

Just for new sign ups then. Existing, loyal, customers need not bother. Well, I say loyal, I often find products cheaper elsewhere so Amazon Business hasn’t had much of my business over the past few years.

2. Jordan Hall says:

There is no link?

3. MoJack says:

Anyone know if the amazon Amex code is still working? Doesn’t seem to be working for me…

• No, seems permanently dead now.

• The Streets says:

Is that blue DAB radio still working for you Rob? Ive already had mine replaced .. hoping for second time lucky!

• The radio alarm seems to come on again after being turned off, but I need to get the manual out before saying it is a problem. We have a Ruark one in our room but that is 3x the price and 8 year olds are not picky!

4. Michael says:

More shopper points articles please 🙂

5. David Ammes says:

Would I have to use my business banking debit/credit card to pay for the item or can I use any form of payment? Just thinking if the payment doesn’t have to go through my business, I can buy anything I want after I’ve registered my company of course.

6. Charles Parkinson says:

Amazon customer support told me the first 10,000 business’ have signed up and I can’t get the offer

• That is a lie. You are about the 20th person to post response from the call centre since the deal started last October, and yet mysteriously it keeps on working for everyone else! The call centre agent just makes it up – it is their default response to any queries.

I am working directly with Amazon in Munich on this offer and all is still working fine.

• Lady London says:

For that to be true then a monster percentage of Rob’s regular readers and all the lurkers must have their own business and have signed up! It’s total rubbish. Do a HUACA.

• I think the first reported occurrence of a reader being told this by the call centre was last October 🙂

7. Barry says:

Worked perfectly and quickly for me as a partnership with VAT number. So another £50 saved, many thanks again Rob

8. Registered last week, but the code is not working for me. When I have contacted the Amazon customer support they insist that the offer is over and 10,000 users have been reached.

What can we do to get this offer working?

• Call centre is wrong – they tell everyone this.

Have you had the verification email?

Have you then waited 48 hours?

Put one item in your basket which is clearly ‘sold and despatched by Amazon’ and try the code.

• I have receive the verification email, and waited for 48 hours.
        Tried again this morning with good clearly marked ‘sold and despatched by Amazon’, but still not working.

Spoken to the customer service guys and they said they are looking into this as the y have had issues with the code. Will wait for these guys to come back to me ….

• That’s not true either – the code has not changed since October 🙂

We’ve done 120 sign-ups off that article and there is no wave of complaints as you would expect if there were issues.

They should be able to see if your account has been set up to accept the code.

• Lady London says:

As a test just put the Amazon Echo into your basket.
          Amazon can’t deny that is both sold and fulfilled by them!

If it works with that, then the problem is that despite appearances, you have picked a product which is not sold and fulfilled by Amazon UK, probably by Amazon Europe or something. Some of these products seem to have problems. The explanation is not clear and, frankly, probably not worth trying to understand. If the Echo test above has worked, then you will just have to switch products until you find a set that you don’t get the error message on! Remember there is a limited time by which you have to have done your order for it to attract the voucher, so just solve the problem that way.

If you get really stuck then there is no enforcement of “business” stuff really – so if you think buying DVD’s of popular films will serve your business’s purpose, go right ahead and order stuff like that on your business account.

I ordered tech stuff for my business like adaptors, things which cost roughly the same in USA and UK, earbuds, and so on. Plenty of that sort of stuff qualifies.

• Still not working. Must be something to do with the account setup.
            BTW Amazon has still not come back to me either….

9. OT,

@rob, do you have a link or a screenshot of the T&Cs for the 250 Heathrow Reward points offer back in December 2018? (remember you posted an article on this).

I’m having issues with getting points posted on £5.50 tickets, as they now claim that the minimum spend is £6.26. This is after having honoured the first 4 bookings at £5.50.

Thanks

• No, if they were not cut and pasted into the original article. Sorry.

• Very disappointed in Heathrow Express / Rewards, as the offer was VERY clear back in December.
        Serious let down of a loyal customer!

10. This isnt working for me either.
    I signed up on the 24/5/19 and got the “Thank you for completing the business registration process” email back.
    On the 25/5/19 I got the “Welcome to Amazon Business. The information you provided has been verified and your account registration is now complete.” email back. All good.

I just tried the B2B2018 code on the first order, using the Amazon Echo and Echo Dot – total £189. Both sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
    Clicked Apply and got “The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.”

Contacted amazon business (call back) which, to be fair, was quick. Spoke to guy who just kept saying I wasn’t one of the first 10,000 sign ups. He couldnt seem to offer any other explanation.
    He did say that once signed up, amazon would have sent me an email with the voucher code in it. I never received such an email.

I did follow your instructions carefully. I work in IT so know what Im doing. Not sure whats happened.

Any help with this appreciated