The new HFP chat thread – Friday 15th May

We have decided to run this new daily chat thread on Head for Points.

By default, HFP shows the last page of comments under the article.  If you want to see the first page of comments and read them all from beginning to end in order, click here: https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/05/15/the-new-hfp-chat-thread-friday-15th-may/comment-page-1.  The page will refresh with this article but the comments will now show the first page and not the last page.

'My Favourite Hotel' review - Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans
Virgin Atlantic cancels all Manchester-Delhi flights and launches its Summer 2021 flying schedule

Double Rewards
AMEX Gold 20,000 bonus points

Comments

1. Datapoints:

1. Virgin FC – Hilton transfer requested by phone 3 May posted today.
    2. Called amex travel Monday 11 May regarding a nonrefundable IHG hotel stay in June, they agreed to cancellation and full refund which hit my card today.

Some good service out there, not everybody behaving like BA.

• Bigmaggot says:

My 29 April virgin to hilton transfer posted today too 👍🏻

• Secret Squirrel says:

Need some help with flights.
        Trying to peice together a future trip to BORA BORA. BA fly to LAX, LAX – BOB on Air Tahiti. Air Tahiti in OW but BA Flight planner won’t let me price up using points?
        Am I right that you can use Virgin & Air France also to get there on points? Any ideas on points & how to get round BA Flight planner to see available dates or Virgin?

• marcw says:

You can’t use Avios to fly on Air Tahiti.You can use Avios to fly from Santiago de Chile to PPT *very limited availability”. Otherwise, you can use Flying Blue // Virgin FC miles to fly from LAX to PPT. You will need a short hop from PPT to Bora Bora (cash).

• Blindman says:

You can also use AAdvantage miles to fly on Air Tahit Nui LAX-PPT.

Unfortunately AFAIK the only way to get to BOB is to pay $$$$$$ for a very short return flight.

• Secret Squirrel says:

Cheers, looks like its Virgin miles then or i may use BA LHR – LAX then use VS to PPT.

2. FloriGuy says:

What do Revolut target when they give warnings/bans.

Is it excessive topping up with your credit card or excessive bank transfers after credit card deposits? I do have a fair degree of spending on my Revolut card but I always top up with a credit card. The app doesn’t seem to like that.

• Secret Squirrel says:

It seems to be excessive amounts of funds topped up and the frequency of top ups & also cash outs to bank accounts seem to trigger the app warnings. Just reduce your frequencies & amounts for a couple of months then slowly increase again.
      I’ve heard of people getting 2x warnings but not sure if your out by the 3rd warning!

3. Benilyn says:

I’ve been using Curve historically to double dip on VA, always worked fine. Now I have an interest charge on my bill from a few days ago… not sure what it’s for but looks like because of what I mentioned. When did this happen? You think I could get it refunded?

• Secret Squirrel says:

VA are notorious for passing fee charges through any channels, stay clear if I were you.