Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The new HFP chat thread – Wednesday 20th May

We have decided to run this new daily chat thread on Head for Points.

By default, HFP shows the last page of comments under the article.  If you want to see the first page of comments and read them all from beginning to end in order, click here: https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/05/20/the-new-hfp-chat-thread-wednesday-20th-may/comment-page-1.  The page will refresh with this article but the comments will now show the first page and not the last page.

Comments (143)

• Michael says:

Just received an email from Ryanair confirming our flight from AGP-EDI on 22/07 has been cancelled. Now the fun and games begin of trying to get a refund. I still can’t see our holiday happening. Got a week in a villa outside Nerja and then four nights in the Don Pepe in Marbella.

• TGLoyalty says:

That’s odd considering Spain have public ally said they will be open to tourism and Marbella has already opened up cafes etc

• Michael C says:

EDI-AGP-EDI is Mon/ThursFri in July….and July 22 is Weds…

• Michael says:

Correct, we were due to fly out on 10/07 and return on 22/07. Does seem to be rather strange timing to cancel now but who knows.

• Andrew says:

Curve cash withdrawal to Barclaycard – is it treated as a purchase or cash advance?

• Secret Squirrel says:

£45 compo from Tesco Pet Insurance for no points paid out today for us!😃

• Harry T says:

How long did it take to get your points? How did you escalate the complaint? Still haven’t got mine but gf has hers. I’ve been told it’ll happen when the next quarterly statement is sent out or some bollocks.

• Secret Squirrel says:

Still no points, escalated to Customer Care Manager as a complaint. A few weeks back I called up & was advised no CC number attached to the policy even though I know I Definetly added that at the quotation stage (not as if I wanted the bonus points)?
        Today, I was advised by the manager that they cannot manually add points & my points would be in now by next Q. They admitted they were in the wrong and offered £45 compo, accepted.
        I’m paying £3.96 a month, I’ve paid 3x instalments so if I Canx before next instalment will be up over £33. The big decision is- do I pay another 5x instalments to see if the points appear as promised. It would mean free points plus some in the bank and the ca$by back may of cleared by then.

• Baji Nahid says:

So glad to hear its all pulled through! My son emailed them SS and they told him they had to update details again and correct them as they screwed up and since he didn’t even receive a policy in the post they said now they will get one out to him after 10 days. Points to come to the next statement. Did you just email them?

• Secret Squirrel says:

No, ive called them three times in total. If your not happy with any response when you call up, just ask for the matter to be esculated as a complaint. Good luck!

• Genghis says:

Good luck. I’ve accepted £75 cash in lieu of 2,500 cc points before when they couldn’t actually deliver the points.

• Secret Squirrel says:

My next step may seem obvious to some to stick with it but you know, sometimes you get to a point when you feel its best to just walk away. If I do I’m up over £33 in profit.
            £75 – Genghis is really good going, I would of been very happy with that result!

• Genghis says:

And £50 compo. I had waited over 6 months for the points and had been robbed off previously so you prob got the better deal.

• Genghis says:

*fobbed

• Baji Nahid says:

my son emailed them but let him get on the phone tomorrow and see