The new HFP chat thread – Monday 25th May

We have decided to run this new daily chat thread on Head for Points.

By default, HFP shows the last page of comments under the article.  If you want to see the first page of comments and read them all from beginning to end in order, click here: https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/05/25/the-new-hfp-chat-thread-monday-25th-may/comment-page-1.  The page will refresh with this article but the comments will now show the first page and not the last page.

'My Favourite Hotel' review - Protea Hotel Entebbe, Uganda
Virgin Atlantic is removing the sign-up bonus from its free Virgin Reward credit card on Tuesday

AMEX Gold 20,000 bonus points

Comments

1. My friend has accepted a BA voucher for 2-4-1 reward flights. Anyone managed to talk BA round, and get the Avios and 2-4-1 voucher back instead? or is it just too late? (ps it really was a friend, it really wasn’t me! :-))

2. Gruntfuttock says:

Cut and pasted from Airlineroute earlier this afternoon.
    London Heathrow – Buenos Aires Ezeiza Service cancelled until 31AUG20 inclusive
    London Heathrow – Calgary Service cancelled for the remainder of S20
    London Heathrow – Charleston SC Service cancelled for the remainder of S20
    London Heathrow – Helsinki Service cancelled permanently for the time being
    London Heathrow – Podgorica Previously planned new route in July/August 2020 cancelled

Separately, previously planned London Heathrow – Portland OR service will now commence on 02SEP20, on board Boeing 787-8.

3. Chrish says:

Look I’ve just given a statement in my PM’s Garden you lot on here must understand i had to Drive to Co Durum i had a cat to feed let my think what name did i give him or was it a her blast forgot what i put on Tesco insurance form was it moggi or moggy (i’m sure it wasn’t “Maggi that’s a soup)
    never mind i didn’t brake any rules “Did i”
    i drove to a castle to lie or was it lay morri or fred after he, she passed away after i received my clubcard points of course
    Readers on here will of course realize i was not braking any guidelines about moggy (i mean quarantine) the (Tesco) guidelines are clear (as mud) i learned about them on here after all yours faithfully Dominic

• Sloth says:

Someone’s has a bit too much cider in the sun…

• Lady London says:

Didn’t Nicola Sturgeon sack a very close Minister for doing same as Boris hasn’t punished Dominic for?

• Louise K says:

No, her CMO resigned for driving to her holiday home, twice, at weekends.

• Indeed. It’s not comparable

• Lady London says:

not comparable? sorry not clear

“resigned” ahem. Sounds like Ms Sturgeon can take a tough decision. When otherwise it would look like only the little people to obey the rules, different for the PM and their entourage.

4. Pauline says:

I have a 1st class return with a 2 4 1 to Singapore in June which is cancelled. I want to rebook 11 months later. But my 2 4 1 expires (with 6 month extension) in jan 2020. Phoned ba and was recommended a voucher failing which I will lose the 2 4 1. Is that my best option or is there another option?

• Since you want to rebook, just rebook on the phone straight away. No need for the voucher. They will put you on the flight regardless of reward availability unless it’s full in F.

• Pauline says:

Can I do that? He said no as my 241 would be expired.

• Not true AFAIK. They WILL rebook you in ‘revenue F’ (so no need for Avios seats) BUT it must be under 12 months from the original ticketing date (ie the date you made the booking) and the 241 must still be valid.

The only way to extend the 241 is to take the Book With Confidence voucher which gets you an April 2022 extension.

5. davvero says:

I’m off out for an eye test now. I fancy the coast. Anywhere with good fish and chips?

If I crash (or drive into the sea) I’ve failed my test.

• Try Blackpool, they are welcoming people back, as we speak. Or better still, Llandudno. Say you thought it was in England and you’ll be fine with the Heddlu.

6. Did you call YouFirst? They can re-book this for you, you are entitled to re-booking in your original travel class.

7. ChrisA says:

Ever had that moment when you were going to do a ‘double dip’ transaction, but forgot to do one of the ‘dips’ (click through) which has caused a loss of a few k avios, and feel a deep sense of loss for a few mins?!

8. JustinJ says:

Do we think BA are likely to extend the BA 241 voucher by another 6 months?
    Had my flight to Canada refunded, got the Avios and the voucher back but it only extends to November. Not sure that all countries will be fully open by then?