Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The new HFP chat thread – Wednesday 3rd June

We have decided to run this new daily chat thread on Head for Points.

By default, HFP shows the last page of comments under the article.  If you want to see the first page of comments and read them all from beginning to end in order, click here: https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/06/03/the-new-hfp-chat-thread-wednesday-3rd-june/comment-page-1.  The page will refresh with this article but the comments will now show the first page and not the last page.

Comments (187)

• Dave H says:

Does anyone know when Linate airport is due to open?

• Lottie says:

I think I it open now , as from the end of may for domestic flights, Qatar and emirates too I believe.

• davvero says:

I’m thinking on booking a CE flight out of LCY in August. Do you think there’ll be a return to normal catering by then?

• BJ says:

Taking the p?

• Andrew says:

Seems like a reasonable question. Given that you don’t get any extra space on board or lounge access on CE LCY flights literally the only benefit is the catering (and tier points if you need them).

• davvero says:

Catering on BA citiflyer has always been better than mainline so I had hopes that they may offer something better by August if they’re operating.

• Doug M says:

I’d be more concerned at whether the flight would take place than worry about the catering. LCY is not expected to restart flights until early July.

• Simon says:

I think I recall people saying on here that they have hit 55k IHG points to achieve Spire status but haven’t received the 25k bonus points. Is this correct?

• Secret Squirrel says:

I did initially and had to contact IHG to get my bonus to appear. I thought I read this had been fixed now?

• Axel says:

Got the Choice benefit as soon as I hit 55k on 26 May.

• Andrew says:

But no sign yet of the “free” choice benefit which all existing Spires were promised when they gave the year extension.

• Secret Squirrel says:

Andrew:
        Have you read any reports anywhere of people contacting IHG about the missing free choice benefit extra 25k?

• Julia R says:

I’ve contacted them. The said that there is no free choice benefit. I questioned this as their website seems to say differently and haven’t received a response

• Andrew says:

Hmm, yes it really does say on the website and the email that we would get the free choice benefit. And reported on HFP of course. Maybe Rob can escalate to his IHG contacts.

• ee says:

Could someone pls remind me – is there any bonus for adding a supp on the American Express Rewards Credit Card once the account is open?

• Aliks says:

I have held off calling BA for a month, but would now like to sort out a couple of things:
    1. Get a cash refund for cancelled European flights
    2. Merge a BA 241 voucher booking with the return flight Avios booking
    Anyone tell me which BA number to call to sort this out?
    The main consolidated number refuses to handle Avios changes . . . .

• Andrew says:

I just called You First yesterday to get a refund for a cancelled flight – answered straight away and handled efficiently. But that’s only available if flying First. My understanding is that generally wait times are quite short, so I would think in the time it took you to search HFP and write your question you could have been through to the call centre on the normal number.

• Aliks says:

Just for the record, I did get through to the right team on the main number 0800 727 800 after a 10 min wait.

It did take a couple of tries though, as several of their menu options lead to messages saying effectively “do this online”, and then the call terminates.

• Anna says:

BA won’t link the 2 legs on separate bookings as a rule any more, but you may get lucky with a co-ooperative CSA. I’ve never had any issues from leaving 2 legs as separate bookings though.
      You First has been the saving grace of BA in the last couple of months!

• Aliks says:

I’m sure this question has been asked before, but despite a few searches I can’t locate it in on HeaddforPoints

• Mark says:

Has anyone successfully received a Qatar status match yet?

• pin perl says:

They wrote to me yesterday that I should send them my Velocity card and statement with name and expiry date clearly showing………
      I’m not sure what they want as I sent them a Krisflyer card and statement and name and date was clearly visible

• JAC says:

I asked to match my Turkish Elite Plus status when they first announced the status match but nothing so far (not even an email confirming they received my request)

• BA-Flyer says:

I made a deposit with NS&I over a week ago, via Curve. Payment is showing on the source card, but pending in the NS&I account. Anyone know if this is usual NS&I behaviour?

• Des says:

I find that the payments are cleared on the 6th working day after deposit.

• Genghis says:

Income bonds acct? Payments in between c20th and 5th following month are pending (though accrue interest) while they sort interest payments

• Secret Squirrel says:

Your funds won’t clear to be able to withdrawal for in my experience 7 x working days.

• Paul says:

This was the same situation during the great Visa 3v card boom

• Peter says:

Is still working without attracting a fee (Curve – IHG)?