The new HFP chat thread – Monday 6th July

We have decided to run this new daily chat thread on Head for Points.

By default, HFP shows the last page of comments under the article.  If you want to see the first page of comments and read them all from beginning to end in order, click here: https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/07/06/the-new-hfp-chat-thread-monday-6th-july/comment-page-1.  The page will refresh with this article but the comments will now show the first page and not the last page.

ONE WEEK LEFT: Get 15,000 points (=15,000 Avios) sign-up bonus with Capital On Tap's Visa SME credit card!
Here's the new British Airways airport lounge breakfast

Nutmeg ad

Comments

1. Flybynight says:

Hi, I just accessed the BA app to check my avios balance and it’s not showing anything I’ve spent on my Amex in the last 3 months in the total, although the spend shows up in my recent transactions. Anyone else having this problem?

• I had that problem with my virgin card. When I queried it, it was because I had a refund on the card. Could that be the problem.

• Charlieface says:

Does your Amex account show it as transferred? They may have the wrong BA account number

2. Craig says:

Hilton question: I am aware that my current Hilton status (Gold) is also valid for 2021. However, are stays that I’m making this year counting for status from 2022 or are they not really counting for anything (won’t stay enough this year to make Diamond)?

3. Roger says:

Anyone managed to change statement date on VA Black card?

• Lev441 says:

Yep, I did so the other day actually. Very simple to do just ring up and ask. Took 5 mins

4. Are IC ANA hotels in Tokyo IC hotels in the normal sense or are they oddities like the Waldorf Hilton that isn’t a WA? Anybody got any thoughts as to whether the new Kimpton Shinjuku will become available for points or is it likely another Bangkok style non participant? Given the choice I would prefer to stay in Shinjuku.

• Harry T says:

I’ve been waiting months for that Kimpton to become available for points. Doesn’t look good so far. Hope it opens up for you.

• I think because Kimpton doesn’t open officially until 1 Oct (soft opening from September), you won’t see points availability then.

• Kimpton Shinjuku isn’t available booking with points but Is wide open using the free night from the IHG Mastercard.

Have 4 nights booked here for April.

• Thanks, don’t have one of those but sounds promising st least. Enjoy your trip.

• Unless it has changed very recently the Bangkok Kimpton never did become available for points so I am not too optimistic. Hilton Tokyo would work better for me anyway with Diamond but for the moment it looks like it may stick at 70k. I know it gets down to 54k at times so I’m reluctant to pay more which is why I’m looking at IC ANA which I might get for 42k but no breakfast or lounge. In reality we will spend so little time in the hotel that the Ibis might be a more sensible option.

• Lady London says:

got a funny feeling the ANA IC Tokyo got spectacularly bad feedback over treating guests badly, twice in about 18 months on your other website @BJ

• Thanks, will have a look. I’m actually tempted to try an AirBnB place for the first time. Tokyo strikes me as a interesting place to give it a go.

• Many of our friend end up staying at airbnb when in Tokyo. I think it offers good value if you’re travelling as a small group. Last time we stayed at Okura Southwing for a few night which is actually within walking distance from IC ANA. Top notch services and quality cocktails! 🙂

• Thanks. I have a stack of hotel points I would like to use up, particularly IHG. Might go for the B&B in Tokyo though and use points in other cities.

5. Stephen says:

Has anyone else got someone else’s name and eTicket number in their Virgin refund PDF?

6. Baji Nahid says:

I’ve just had an LNER email that they are pulling out from the partnership with nectar and and now have their own rewards system where you will get 2% credit back as an evoucher for future LNER use if you book direct with LNER on their website.

I knew they had the plans for this as they used to ask a select number of customers about this idea but I dont know how i feel about the 2%.