Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The HfP chat thread – Wednesday 11th November

HFP-Wordmark-Black

By default, HfP shows the last page of comments under the article.  If you want to see the first page of comments and read them all from beginning to end in order, click here: https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/11/11/the-hfp-chat-thread-wednesday-11th-november/comment-page-1.  The page will refresh with this article but the comments will now show the first page and not the last page.

Comments (295)

• Darren says:

Iberia Express to launch flights from NCL to Madrid, Lanzarote & Gran Canaria over the winter schedule.

• The Original Nick says:

Thanks. I’ll give it a shot with a small amount first.

• Doug M says:

Assuming this is in regard to your NS&I question. Try £2K and see, if it fails you can always retry with smaller amounts.

• The Original Nick says:

Yes it was Doug M, thanks. I’m using Chrome and pages keep flowing in at different times. I’m sure it’ll be sorted soon. I’ve just tried £500 via bendy with my IHG CC set and it went through. I’ll try my Virgin CC tomorrow night.

• James says:

Is it possible to pay off my Amex Platinum statement with a rewards credit card, such as Barclays HH, for example? TIA.

• Brian says:

Negative test results needed for Spain now

“ The test certificate must be the original, written in Spanish or English and may be submitted on paper or in electronic form.
    British holidaymakers must find private test centres and pay around £150 for the procedure. NHS tests must not be used.”

• Anna says:

Is this the Spanish government saying NHS tests must not be used? What if you were having an NHS test anyway (perfectly feasible if these mass roll outs happen). Are they saying they won’t accept it?

• Sandgrounder says:

Looks like it’s copied direct from the Independent website. Nothing new, the government don’t want you to use NHS tests. They were accepted by Cyprus though, if accompanied by the appointment email to confirm the date and time. Time will tell if the same is true for Spain.

• TGLoyalty says:

Now anyone will be able to get a test in many cities with or without symptoms I’m not sure why they are still saying not to use nhs tests.

• The Original Nick says:

Are the Canary islands included in this?

• Harry T says:

Nick, from November 14th, all visitors to the Canary Islands will need to provide a negative covid test in order to stay in tourist accommodation. The FCDO website has more info in its section on Spain.

• Jimbob says:

Hmmm, all my Curve fronted IHG CC transactions have been declined, yet if I just use the IHG CC without Curve, payment goes through fine.
    Hopefully a phone call tomorrow will remove the lock, otherwise my easy IHG points machine is over….. Might be time for plan B

• Derek Scott says:

Re the AMEX/BA 2-4-1 Voucher. Last article I read was that the 6 month extension only lasted til end of September. I just triggered my new one yesterday and it’s valid til May 2023! Result!