Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The HfP chat thread – Wednesday 11th November

HFP-Wordmark-Black

By default, HfP shows the last page of comments under the article.  If you want to see the first page of comments and read them all from beginning to end in order, click here: https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/11/11/the-hfp-chat-thread-wednesday-11th-november/comment-page-1.  The page will refresh with this article but the comments will now show the first page and not the last page.

Comments (292)

• Baji Nahid says:

Im glad qatar have changed the layout of their website ticketing system. Seriously, the other one was really bad and was difficult to get around sometimes or kept crashing.

Also, amex any offers coming out soon? 😉

• ChrisC says:

Sainsbury’s double up starts today.

How many points are you converting and what you buying with them?

Personally I’m looking to convert 10k points and use it for some champagne!

• MattB says:

We have almost 40k between us and was planning to use at least 20k for the TTD champagne which is surprisingly ok for £18, but living in Wales it looks like we can’t double up on alcohol! I could take a short trip over the border but run the risk of being caught by the SS patrols.

• EwanG says:

Double up seems to be fine on alcohol in Scotland and Wales. I will find out for definite this morning when I try with the vouchers I’ve ordered. At one stage when first announced they were going to exclude alcohol but that changed with the revised T&Cs

• Tom says:

Did I miss the big delayed announcement from Monday/Tuesday?

• DT says:

Delayed again, though Rob dropped a clue in yesterday’s chat thread that it’d make vegans happy

• ChrisC says:

No. It kept getting pushed back.

• Grant says:

It seems to have been reported elsewhere however.

• ChrisC says:

If it has supposedly been reported elsewhere then Rob could surely publish it because it would mean the embargo has already been broken!

So what do you think it is?

• Grant says:

Presumably Rob wants to respect the embargo whereas other outlets don’t, or perhaps they didn’t get the message about it being pushed back.

• Michael C says:

It was something about Alex Cruz and/or Rob becoming a vegan…

• Andrew says:

Going back to yesterday’s QR unbundling conversation – TLFL has details today on what this means for BA (or other One World) status members. Which is basically – seat section is still free for BA silver or above and lounge access will be in the Doha One World Lounge (where status economy passengers go currently) but as all but Al Mourjan lounges are currently closed, you can go there for the time being. Once the others reopen you can also pay to enter Al Mourjan or Al Safwa. Entry to outpost lounges such as LHR, Paris, Singapore etc will not be allowed and you’ll be sent to a Priority Pass Lounge which is where economy with status are sent now.

• Robert says:

Not sure if an article is on its way but BA and Lufthansa are the first airlines to be awarded a covid safe category. Was in the press yesterday, sorry I don’t have a link. Skytrax gave the airlines 4 out of a possible 5.

• KBuffett says:

TM Lewis – Word of warning, service l is atrocious. I’ve been waiting 6 months for a refund on returned goods and am no further forward having been chasing for months. Their TrustPilot is full of 1 start comments

• d4ve says:

A couple of people have mentioned Airtime Rewards and a Morrison’s 10%. I have signed up but see no supermarket offers at all. Are Airtime reward offers transaction and/or targeted or am I looking in the wrong place?

• Amit says:

I emailed them, apparently the Morrisons offer is targeted

• DANi says:

Not gonna happen for new sign ups to AR.

Amex have on selected cards 7/10% rebate for a one off 30£ + spend with no ceiling… So I put thro 4 x 250 Morrison’s gift card with an immediate email for the 10% back… Which will go on fuel and a double dip on shopping with my 10% NHS discount.. cher-ching.

• Rahaney says:

What’s the sort of limits folk are getting this? The t&cs say – “any misuse as reasonably determined by us”…

• ChrisC says:

Hadent heard of Airtime Rewards before despite being on O2 for years

Downloaded the app and tried to create accoutn and it goes down for maintemance!

• ChrisC says:

Must have been having an early tea break. Now all set up with my CC in the account. Now to wait 24 hours before I start colelcting.

Wonder how much I’ve missed out on by not knowing about this???

• Super Secret Stuff says:

Air time rewards is targeted I think but if you happen to have know a student you can get 10% student discount via Morrison’s More for Students

• Super Secret Stuff says:

So you could triple stack easily (Amex 10%, More for Students 10%, Virgin 8 points per £1) and maybe even quadruple stack if you have it on airtime rewards. Unfortunately I am on Vodafone so cannot do it.

• Harry T says:

Don’t think student, teacher or NHS discount works with gift cards, in theory!

• cinereus says:

Student discount doesn’t work on GCs. Not sure what the Virgin 8 points is. And if you are doing volume just get a near-free SIM to take part in AR.

• James. says:

I am looking to test the Triple this weekend:

£50 GC with shopping
          10% Blue Light Discount
          10% Airtime Rewards
          8 points per £1 on Virgin.

• Gin and Tonic Please says:

I just signed up to Airtime on Vodafone. All worked fine.

• InfrastructureDebt says:

Student discount won’t work on GCs I assume?

• John Caribbean says:

Discussion recently of Barclaycard Hilton points not arriving. I can’t resolve over chat as it can only be done on some Barclays Apple app (not Android). Has anyone had this resolved over the phone?

• Anna says:

It’s affecting everyone and will take 6 – 8 weeks to resolve, apparently. I’m wondering (and hoping!) if we’ll just get 2 lots of points next month.

• John Caribbean says:

Thanks Anna. I’ll hold fire on calling then

• Andrew says:

I contacted both Barclays & Hilton regarding this yesterday. Barclaycard customer services were unhelpful / disinterested / borderline rude. Hilton customer services were marginally less unhelpful but weren’t able to tell me much other than that it was a ‘known issue’ and would be resolved ‘soon’.

• The Urbanite says:

Some people got (some of) their points from their October statement so they were able to distribute points. Worth turning up the pressure on Barclaycard.