Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The HfP chat thread – Saturday 28th November

HFP-Wordmark-Black

By default, HfP shows the last page of comments under the article.  If you want to see the first page of comments and read them all from beginning to end in order, click here: https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/11/28/the-hfp-chat-thread-saturday-28th-november/comment-page-1.  The page will refresh with this article but the comments will now show the first page and not the last page.

Comments (268)

• Mark Peterborough says:

Has anyone with a Creation IHG plat card made a hotel stay recently in the hope of receiving 5,000 bonus points for being a card holder?

I had a stay last week, the points for the stay posted as nornal but missing the 5k bonus. I took this up with the IHG twitter team who have told me that as its a 3rd party offer they dont know what the terms of the offer are and that I should wait 6 weeks and then come back to them if missing.

• Phil W says:

This isn’t a third party offer. The terms and conditions in the offer email clearly state,

“This Promotion is not from Creation Financial Services Limited. Creation Financial Services Limited is not responsible for the provision of, or failure to provide, the stated benefits and services. Bonus points will post directly to your IHG Rewards Club account and will not appear on your credit card statement.”

However, I’m guessing that the IHG system will actually need to wait until it receives the end of month information from Creation to confirm you paid with the IHG Card (you’d assume they’d know that from the billing information but I bet the system isn’t sophisticated enough to determine which MC’s are IHG cards).

Possibly worth waiting until the after your monthly deposit of points from “IHG Premium Credit Card Hotel Spend” for the relevant statement period. If the bonus doesn’t show then, I’d call back.

• C says:

I’m waiting for such a bonus to post as well. IHG already said the current 2x bonus will only post in a few weeks, so I’m not hopeful about the addition 5,000 showing up anytime soon!

• Mark Peterborough says:

Thank you for your replies. I will wait and see what happens when my credit card points post. I am also waiting on the double points promotion to pay out and will chase that up again later.

• Michael Jennings says:

I have both IHG credit cards, and the offer is one both of them. I am assuming that if I were to stay in an IHG hotel and ask them to put half the bill on each card, I would only get one set of 5,000 points. But if anyone has evidence to the contrary, do let me know.

• Jack says:

Does anyone have an airtime rewards referral code?

• Nkp says:

Future travel voucher (BA) – Can a voucher that was issued from flight only be applied to a holidays booking? Thanks

• Jon G says:

Yes, just not if it was an avios booking. You will have to call up and do it there. You can also book it as a BA holiday and use the voucher to cover the deposit.

• ChrisC says:

Need to do it over the phone though.

• Sam says:

Thanks! I just deleted that email

• Dan says:

Spotify one is definitely a good saving – wish Amex did something similar and worked with retailers that the general public actually uses!

• TGLoyalty says:

No I still have spend £500 get £250 on my Plat and 2 supps and 20% up to £200 on my gold

Are you sure you didn’t see an offer talked about on here and mis remember?

Recall Rob mentioning he was convinced he had the £100 Selfridges offer after reading comments on here.

• Kevin says:

TG, thanks for your late reply last night to me thread. Never aware that I can check JL GC balance via JL website (first time on JL GC). 3 out of 4 GC are working excepting 1, need to be verified by Morrison/JL.

• TGLoyalty says:

No problem. Shame one hasn’t worked.

Always need to check the till spit says activated for each and every card.

• Roostee123 says:

Is anyone having troubles using bendy to pay creation with underlying card as creation?
    It’s worked fine for me for the past 6 months but I keep getting declined and the error in curve is I’ve hit my spending limit?

• tom1 says:

maybe a silly suggestion – but the Qatar offer is £100 off £500, the Etihad still shows as £250 off £500 for me.