Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The HfP chat thread – Wednesday 16th December

Comments (337)

• Grant says:

Remind me, is it creation that can be paid with beardy (or your current carte du jour) without the need to use bendy, or have it got it the wrong way round?

• Aston100 says:

• Secret Squirrel says:

My payment has taken 4 days so far, anyone else experienced delays this week?

• Aston100 says:

Everything regarding the Creative card seems to be delayed these last few days. For me anyway.

• Jane says:

Called them today about missing payments, they have had a few issues but will manually release my payments and will take another few days to clear. I wasn’t entirely convinced but we’ll see.

• Optimus Prime says:

Iberia offering 2×1 on Avios redemptions for residents in Spain, Italy and France.

Book your flight with Avios until 23 December to travel between 15 January and 15 June.

• Olly says:

Perhaps this is not the BEST time to mention it and I feel sorry for anyone who has not been able to use the Amex Plat Marriott deal but having spent a fantastic three night stay at the JW Marriott Grosvenor House I would like to give a huge shout of recommendation to Emyr at Bon Vivant for arranging it. We had a three for two night stay, were upgraded to a King Executive Suite looking out onto Park Lane, and as well as the usual $100 F&B allowance (£75) as it was a celebration trip, we had a small chocolate cake, Christmas bauble illustrating the hotel and a bottle of Veuve Clicquot Chapagne awaiting us when we entered the suite. There was early check in/ late check out and also Exec lounge access – but no evening food or drink due to Covid which was disappointing, though we got a drinks voucher for two complimentary drinks, including Lanson Champagne. Today we had excellent breakfast in the room due to the Tier 3 rules coming in. Highly recommended hotel and to use Emyr is a no brainer.

• meta says:

I managed to use my credit at The Langley by changing my reservation to yesterday. As Marriott Platinum Got upgraded to 1-bedroom Balfour Suite (one below top suite) in the main house on the 1st floor. Great hard product (though no bathub!). Service was hit and miss. Dinner – excellent (to use the $100 credit). Breakfast – patchy when one of the best waiters left for a break and someone else took over. It wasn’t busy, but they took ages and had to ask twice for things. Spa was excellent, although they should put the timer and thermometer in the sauna as it’s standard. Staff are not the friendliest, but I think this is partly due to covid. They were really stingy with allocating times. Didn’t let us use the pool or sauna the following day before treatments even though we enquired and asked to be put on the list. It was empty, but I think they just didn’t want to clean twice. So overall mixed feelings, but the setting is nice, so I’d go back again.

• TGLoyalty says:

With the service you can deffo tell they are still getting back up to speed. I hope it stays T2 and they continue to get into the groove.

• meta says:

I hope so. I’d like to come back when it’s sunnier. Maybe bring my parents for a treat next time when they come.