Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The HfP chat thread – Thursday 17th December

Comments (259)

• Maria says:

Iberia has just published a 2×1 Avios offer:
    It looks very good, but you need to be Spanish, Italian or French resident and have been an Iberia Plus member before the 16 Dec 2020. You can book until December 23, 2020 and travel between January 15 and June 15, 2021 (except between March 25 and April 12). Good luck!!

• ChrisC says:

Anyone have any experience of a BA Holidays call back?

Got a text last Friday about a flight change. Clicked the link on saturday and asked for call back. Screen said they would call within 10 days. It must have protected the booking as it’s still in my account and not been refunded yet.

Had chosen an alternative flight but couldn’t change it online.

In the meantime the AA flight I was originally booked on and cancelled has been reinstated and would prefer that.

Can’t remember if I can also change date for no extra payment (change fee or fare difference). Though given the sale I could price those up anyway.

• Helen says:

Have you tried calling them? I called on Sunday morning and got through straightaway.

• Harry T says:

If a flight has been cancelled in your itinerary, you are entitled to a refund, reroute or a date change.

Under current BA policy, a flight change must be more than four hours. However, a change in flight number would also count as a cancellation. If BA change your booking without your express permission, the change is void as they cannot violate your EC261 rights. BAH recently changed a cancelled flight without my permission but I challenged this and they said I was correct that any changes would need my permission. Any changes should be free in the event of a cancellation.

• Charlieface says:

I once successfully claimed 600 EUR compo each for Brussels Airlines changing my ticket while I was in the air on a delayed connecting flight. I managed to turn up at the gate before the second flight left, because that was delayed also, and they refused boarding because I’d already been marked as offloaded.

• Sarah says:

Does anyone know if the Gleneagles Townhouse which is due to open in Edinburgh later in 2021 will also be part of Accor?

• Igloo says:

I have just seen the offer from Hilton of 4000 points for a 1 year Disney plus subscription (worth £59.99). Am I right in calculating this as just under 1.5p of value per Hilton point, which seems like good value/point?

• TGLoyalty says:

Yes very good value per point if you’re swapping 4K points for a full proper 1 year Disney sub.

Always read the T&Cs in case it’s in some way restricted.

• Jonny says:

Not quite – you need to pay the £60 and then you get 4,000 points. Worth about £13 probably…

• Igloo says:

Doh! I completely misread that! But worth keeping in mind if I decide to buy the Disney sub anyway

• Anuj says:

At the current time, unless you’ve got kids then Disney + doesn’t really have much content worth watching except the Mandalorian. Now I know there’s supposed to be a lot of new content launching soon and they’re also adding some more grown up orientated content and increasing the price by £2pm. Does anyone know when this is, because if it’s relatively soon the offer would be quite tempting

• Dave says:

January for the price rise. If you subscribe monthly via O2 the you can get a £2 per month discount

• Graeme says:

I have a cheap WT/WTP return booked. I see in the sale my preferred origin ABZ is now cheaper than EDI which I booked. Am I right in saying the change fee is per person rather than per transaction? Presumably for 4 travellers, £150 x 4 although I can’t see this in MMB now, from a dummy booking showing as £150. TIA

• ChrisC says:

Yes per person but why not get a voucher and use the value of that to rebook?

• Graeme says:

Thanks Chris, reason is we aren’t travelling until October, out with the voucher period unfortunately.

• Mouse says:

Aren’t all FTVs valid until April 2022?

• ChrisC says:

Ah yes. That makes a difference

Is the change still worth making even with the change fee? As in will you still get a refund or if it costs more it’s worth it for the convenience?

• Ronald Jeremy says:

I would concur with that analogy, of course if Disney had some proper adult orientated content then, we would be talking, but given the increase of only £2 I somehow doubt it.

• Stagger Lee says:

The adult content is coming in February in their new Star+ area. The price will jump up £20 a month or to £79.99 a year

• Raisa says:

I have an HSBC premier credit card and never heard about this offer until now?! (So I’ve missed out on 2 months now of Spotify fees!) Did you get an email at some point or how did you find out about this?

• Nick says:

HSBC use debit card 10 times between now and Mid Jan, get a £12 M and S dine in voucher