Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The HfP chat thread – Thursday 11th March

Comments (463)

• Paul says:

Points for Center Parcs: Anything over and above base points on Amex?

• Patrick Cold says:

We’re getting in touch to tell you that your Virgin Money Current Account and Virgin Money Instant Savings are getting brand-new names. From 16 March 2021, they’ll be called the M Plus Account and M Plus Saver.
    You’ll see this in your mobile app, online banking and on anything we send to you. Nothing else changes – expect the same great rewards and service.

• Patrick Cold says:

“Great service” is about as far from the truth as is possible.

• KBuffett says:

I’ve often thought about taking 10 mins out and sending ASA complaints about claims like this. Why do they think their service is great!

Why is Stansted Airport mislabelled ‘London Stansted’?

Then I remember that I’ve got plenty of other things to be getting on with.

It would be interesting to see the power of HfP readers if we did all pursue one of these things!

Anyway…..

• The Original Nick. says:

The same as ‘Kidlington’ – Oxford – and now ‘London Airport’.

• Jay says:

They would argue it is subjective… must say so far so good. Account switched no issues and on time, 15k promo code came through 2 days after switch, card and pin arrived quickly.

• Patrick Cold says:

My experience was a total shambles with them which included them losing a £4,000 transaction for a while. I banked the 15,000 points and have switched out. Never again.

• Colin MacKinnon says:

The don’t say ” same great rewards and same great service”.

They say same “great rewards” and “service”

So you’ll get the same service you are used to!

• Andrew says:

So they’re dropping the Virgin branding?

• Andrew says:

Did they say how to pronounce it?

Muh
      Mmm
      Ehm

Or given it’s based in Glasgow some kind of really nasal Aighm?

• PK says:

Can I use for Monese account to switch virgin account for 15k miles bonus?

• Alex says:

Record £2.16 billion more saved in Premium Bonds in a month (https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2021/03/record-2-16-billion-premium-bonds-january-/) – potential 2 billion points of MS, not bad

• PK says:

Thanks.Ok will do

• Gin and Tonic Please says:

Just had an intersecting email from Sainsbury’s flagging new coupons in my account, which when I clicked through turned out to be exactly the same high value ones (100ish points each) that had stopped on the nectar app – even the same 4 products as I had them for two weeks ago. I’m hoping this is a sign that the good times will be back again…!

• Munch says:

Thanks to the OP who left the tip about asking about spare vaccines. Went with my son for his vaccination (he’s in the risk category) and asked if they had any spare. No problem – gave may DOB etc. and had the vaccination. Second jab booked with my son at the same time in early June.

• Chris Heyes says:

Munch No problem, if you don’t ask more the fool
      my partners brother went for his 68 his wife hadn’t been booked in although older than him. She had a letter to book at Portsmouth/Brighton after much persuading and me saying i got mine simply by asking when i took my partner she went an asked they said no problem

• Anon says:

Email just arrived from Qatar. Their IT supplier has been hacked

• kitten says:

Where have you been the last two weeks? much discussed it’s minor and quite a few airlines have bern emailing people reported here