Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The HfP chat thread – Monday 14th June

Comments (209)

• BuildBackBetter says:

Is RewardFlightFinder not reliable for the number of avios required?
    RFF says LHR-BHD is 8k miles return for Sep but BA website says 9.5k (with the £35 fee option)?

• Anna says:

It might not be accurately aligned with BA’s peak and off peak dates. It’s been rather unreliable in general of late though!

• Rhys says:

RFF hasn’t been reliable for some time. SeatSpy is much more reliable.

• stevenhp1987 says:

How is Qured these days?

Going Malta on Sunday and don’t want to buy the kit if I cannot book a timeslot to take it… Doesn’t appear to be any way of seeing what slots are available before you purchase.

• Richie says:

It seems some BACF operated flights for early July have/ are being cancelled today.

• Rhys says:

Yep, just got cancellation for a Florence flight.

• pauldb says:

Incidentally are the BACF S21 flights well known. Noticed there was a flight with avios availability next May have term: might interest somebody. Or maybe old news.

• pauldb says:

Sorry that was meant to highlight GLA-PMI Saturday special.

• Sam G says:

Scotland doesn’t have a May HT like England does so that’s probably why

• Liam says:

Can someone remind me what I can do with a small number of Bonvoy points that will expire in a couple of months? We generally put all Marriott stays on my fiancée’s account. Can I transfer them to her?

• Anna says:

You can transfer them by calling 020 3564 6335, but I don’t know how long this extends them for. (Someone posted the number the other day and I had the foresight to make a note of it this time!)

• YC says:

Yup and its free. Just call CS I believe. 100k cap/year

• Anna says:

Am I right in thinking you can cancel one or more of the flights on an avios booking? My nephew was supposed to be coming on holiday with us but has now been given the same dates for his postponed assessment for military college! If I can’t manage to take him off the booking, what would happen if we just turned up without him at the airport?

• ChrisC says:

Yes you can – you can have him split from the PNR and then cancelled and the avios and cash (less admin fee) refunded.

You would need to call up to do that.

If you just turned up at the airport without him you’d lose the avios and cash etc as he would be recorded as a no show.

If you were thinking you’d keep his seat for some extra room that hardly ever comes to pass.

• Anna says:

Thanks! No I’m not that bothered about the Avios/£35/seat, I just don’t want them saying none of us can travel because there are supposed to be 4 of us!

• Nick says:

The no-show calculation is done at a ticket (i.e. pax) level, so you have nothing to worry about there. But it’s also easy enough to split the booking, which will then allow you to cancel and refund just one pax if required. Need to phone but it’s a quick job once you do.

• BLG says:

Do you really need to deny another traveller the chance of a seat. Hmmm

• 2002ad says:

Does anyone know how long it takes for a 241 voucher to be issued to your BA account? I upgraded from the free card (with a £19k spend in year) last week and so automatically triggered the voucher. My amex account is showing that I have earnt one, but I haven’t had any emails and nothing is showing on my BA account when I do an avios search.

• Anna says:

It should show in your Executive Club account above any bookings you currently have.

• Bill says:

Off topic question. I’m visiting London for a match at Wembley on Saturday 26th. We are staying near Earl’s Court. I’d like to have some recommendations for places we can book for relaxing drinks and chat on Saturday afternoon. We also need to book somewhere on Saturday after the match. Location either earl’s court or Central London please. in the evening we are happy for lively bars. It will be 4 people Thanks

• Josh says:

What sort of compensation could we expect from a complaint to BA regarding our recent flight experience in J?

Combination of:

No lounge access
    Crew rudeness
    Broken J seat (full flight so no switch possible) meaning couldn’t lay flat for a red eye

And the kicker: Meal request didn’t go through to crews system (despite me having the email showing we requested it well in advance) so was unable to eat the entire flight

There were some other issues that my current jetlagged brain cannot remember

This cost us a BA 241 voucher and a hefty amount of avios + taxes & fees (US flight) so I’m fuming that we couldve had a better experience in WTP or WT.

Thanks!