Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The HfP chat thread – Thursday 17th June

Comments (358)

• Andrew says:

Jersey (Channel Islands) has changed entry requirements (again) and all of UK is Red from 29 June so only sensible to travel if fully vaccinated.

• Liam says:

There is a reasonable chance we will be able to travel more freely between the US and the UK by the end of the summer, America’s chief medical adviser has told ITV News.

Asked by News At Ten Presenter Tom Bradby if by this September, people could expect to travel more freely between the two countries again, Dr Anthony Fauci said he believed this was “a reasonably good prediction”.

Nothing concrete but better than nothing for those of us looking for UK-US travel sooner rather than later.

• James Vickers says:

September has always been my guess if you’re considering where rates of vaccination will be by then and time to establish what’s required for travel

• Joe says:

Plenty of business seats to Mauritius dropped over the last couple of hours (alongside the Male ones posted earlier).

• Rob says:

If you want to know who has the May 2022 Bank Holiday week seats, it’s me 🙂

• Joe says:

Haha! Someone stole my dates just as I was confirming payment, but I’ve got my second choice !

• FM says:

Was due to stay at Heathrow Staybridge suites in August but (points) reservations have just been canceled. Genghis, you mentioned you got some compensation in the same situation, would you mind if I asked what they gave?

• Kevin says:

Got 2 BA club accounts, how can I combine the avios into the active account as the other has not been used since March 2020 as a result of Lloyds changed the card.

• JM says:

Re Wimbledon tickets: If you have a valid code emailed to you please try again now. I bought two tickets for the Ladies Final at about 7pm. HOWEVER I had to buy them as two single tickets (but using the same access code twice and purchasing a single ticket twice). Good luck

• Yorkshire rich says:

I was some hundred thousand in the queue and had no code emailed to me so I haven’t got a clue how that works
      I’ll try again next year

• Rob says:

All the 2022 seats are going to those who had 2020 seats and were cancelled.

If you didn’t opt-in to email contact when you registered, Wimbledon couldn’t send you your code. That’s the law.

• Tom says:

Lucky you! Anyone have a spare code?

• Jimbob says: