Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The HfP chat thread – Monday 21st June

Comments (470)

• Anna says:

Argh! Just cancelled a avios booking, the cancellation page said I would get an e-voucher. Voucher has just arrived and it consists of 8 separate ticket numbers and says I have to call to use it!! Not happy. How do you actually get an e-voucher?

• Rob says:

You can’t get an eVoucher with Avios AFAIK, just a Future Travel Voucher. You can’t change passenger names either.

• TGLoyalty says:

They use the original PNR reference to recall the vouchers when booking over the phone so it’s not as bad as it’s sounds.

However, I think Rob is correct in that it needs to be used for the original passengers.

• Rimmingtown says:

Give it a rest, it’s after23.00

• AnotherUser says:

Booked on a £5 Ryanair flight to Portugal tomorrow. I’m not going, but it looks like the flight still is. Any point in cancelling? I presume it won’t cause me any problems if I’m just a no-show?

• Rh says:

I just got back – had a superb time. Shame you aren’t able to go.

• Rob says:

No problem at all

• AnotherUser says:

Thanks! I’d booked the flights knowing I might not be able to fit it in with work, and that Ryanair might cancel. Seemed worth risking a tenner 🙂

• TGLoyalty says:

O’Leary will be delighted. Keeps the 50p device off the toilet doors for that little bit longer.

• AnotherUser says:

Pleased to have funded 20 uses of the onboard toilet 🙂

• Ikaz says:

You should be able to change them for free, if you find other dates for the same price

• soundnomad says:

Has anyone else not been able to log into their Heathrow rewards account? It’s been down for a while now and I was hoping to find out how long I have before my points expire. Toying with transfering to avios to just preserve them as I can’t see myself flying out of Heathrow for a while now. Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.. if anyone can point the right direction that would be much appreciated? cheers.

• Michelle says:

Hi does anyone know the cheapest company to use for return day 2 and 8 COVID tests?

• Josh says:

I think randox with ba code but make sure to check if you are close to drop off locations.