Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The HfP chat thread – Thursday 9th September

Comments (1025)

• aviosnewbie says:

Morrison’s offer: it’s valid until 15/09 but is that the transaction date or the date on which it clears on the card account? Beardy transactions have been staying in Pending status for 3-4 days, so if I do a transaction on 14/09 and it stays Pending past 15/09, does anyone know if that’ll be an issue? thanks!

• Reney says:

I think I have made transaction on the last day before so transaction day not posting day I would say.

• Paul Pogba says:

Are there likely to be any sign up offers on the free Virgin card any time soon?

• Crafty says:

So now that Creation is dead, can we recap on any remaining reasons to have Curve Metal?

Do Brighton and Ernie work, without fees and interest, for Curve / HH BC?

• Tw33ty says:

Shame, it really was good for just carrying the one card.

• NC says:

Honestly, why try and get any other routes killed off by having them posted here? Just try them and see. If you try £100 the worst that can happen is – what? – a £3 fee? DYOR.

• aviosnewbie says:

+1! ppl want to be spoon-fed every last bite.

• Harry T says:

+1 do your own research!

• Anna says:

Wait, what?! I thought this was a public information service 😂

• Anna says:

I’ve got the text now. Regretting only putting £100 on son’s lunch account!

• TGLoyalty says:

I’m sure it’ll still work tomorrow.

• aviosnewbie says:

yes, exactly! Need a step-by-step guide and not just a recap pinned to the top of the home page. And maybe even have a service to do the transactions for people. Wouldn’t that be an idea? lol….just put your card number and amount and whirrr…..show all ideas and a button to process them for you too.

• Rjn21 says:

Re curve replacement cards. My card expired at the end of August. Replacement didn’t arrive so I contacted them on 10 September. No problem, new card ordered.
    The original date expiry replacement card just arrived, today, 13 September. Obviously that can’t now be activated as I presume they marked it as lost. So I’m left waiting for the replacement of the replacement. If they sent (used a contractor who sends) replacement cards in good time, there would be no issue.

• Benilyn says:

Anyone know when the Platinum annual fee hits exactly? Is it on the last day of the first statement? Or the first day of new statement date?

• Clive says:

So was supposed to be onboard SQ305 today winging it over to Phuket which was cancelled due to the move for Thailand onto the red list. Firstly I would like to mention that SQ handled this superbly and have refunded my flights without question in cash. Secondly some advice. We have now booked a trip to Rhodes to get away and console ourselves. How is check in at STN these days? Also any restaurant recommendations on the island appreciated.

• Memesweeper says:

COVID has changed so many many things, but not the early morning “your f-inn joking” security queues at STN.

• Anna says:

No idea re STN but have a lovely time in Rhodes. The weather should still be great and you won’t have to contend with jetlag or energy-sapping humidity. I went on a Club 18 – 30 holiday to Faliraki in 1999!

• Scallder says:

Went here in Rhodes Old Town for lunch last year and was very good so would certainly recommend: Auvergne Cafe Bar Restaurant (Great Alexander Square, Rodos 851 00, Greece)

• S says:

Made one referral during the 30k bonus period and two as normal 18k referrals in the past so 66k in referrals with the cap at 90k…if I do two more do I get 18k + 18k or 18k + 6k due to the cap? Anyone been in a similar situation? Thanks in advance for any info.

• KBuffett says:

I wonder how Curve’s legal action against AmEx is progressing….