Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The HfP chat thread – Sunday 10th October

Comments (365)

• AlanC says:

Looking at a sweet spot redemption at a former US presidents hotel in Ayrshire! BUT the 2 Queen bedded room is for maximum 2 persons only. We have to take my 88 year old dad with us so 3 adults. Almost every hotel with 2 are queens very accommodating. What your thoughts on booking and pitching up with sorry I did not know scenario???

• Harry T says:

Ring them up, they are invariably lovely and helpful. I’ve stayed there a couple of times in the last year.

• Chrisasaurus says:

Any locals to London with good knowledge of the tube know the best places to stay in reach of London Stadium? Plenty of options not a million miles away but the walkable places for when I’m looking are either full or silly money

• e says:

Well the Central Line (red) runs through er Central London or theres a HIX near Newbury Park if you want to go into the wilds; the Jubilee Line (Silver) can also deposit you at various tube stops with hotels; Canary Wharf / London Bridge / Waterloo / Green Park

• Lula says:

There are a few quite nice places in Bethnal Green now and that’s only a few stops on the tube. Depends how far you’re willing to travel and what your price range is really. Stratford is on the Central line and the jubilee line, and they both go through Central London. So you might want to be a bit more specific.

• Chrisasaurus says:

Thanks both – is for a post-concert stay but will be down early and away late so want somewhere comfortable. Bethnal Green seems a fair idea, short tube journey late on, any feedback on the town hall hotel (design hotels) there?

Price isn’t an issue except to say if I’m spending >400 it isn’t going to be on a Moxy!

• Lula says:

So the IC at the O2 is only a few stops away on the jubilee line at North Greenwich. They sometimes have very good prices.

Town Hall in Bethnal Green also decent. Haven’t stayed there myself but have been to the bar and have heard from others that it’s nice. If you’re happy to get the tube into Central London then you’ve got almost unlimited choice.

• Louise K says:

BA Chat function.

Anyone know the hours it operates?

Tried this afternoon but said to try again during office hours.

• Crafty says:

Has anyone successfully received their additional 0.5% cashback from the summertime promo on Creation spending (for me, IHG White)? Nothing here yet, but I can’t find where I saved the terms, and would like to know if I can complain yet.

• Harrier25 says:

Oh yes, I’d forgotten all about that and no, I’ve not received any of the promotional cashback either. I think you should re-post this in the morning when more will comment on the subject.

• Harrier25 says: