Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The HfP chat thread – Thursday 14th October

The comments under this article are where you should post questions about travel and, indeed, anything else on your mind.

Comments (454)

• Andrew says:

BA are recruiting cabin crew again – if anyone’s interested. Just seen the advert on their Instagram.

• Anna says:

Do they want a lazy 16 year old? He wouldn’t be any use on early departures but he does know his way around the Club World cabin and can repeat the safety briefing off by heart.

• Vit says:

Hello, obviously forgot to register for Hilton Double Point before my stay & check-out. I guess, nothing I can do to gain those bonus point?

Cheers,
    Vit

• bafan says:

Just checked out of the Hilton Tropicana in Vegas – shabby but perfectly serviceable for 21k points a night. Glad I stayed on the Strip rather than the new Virgin / Hilton hotel. Off to Utah now!

• Travel Strong says:

Congrats on getting out there finally!

• bafan says:

Thanks! 15 days in Canada but I’m here!

• The Savage Squirrel says:

Awesome! Vegas to and through Utah is a trip I’ve done a few times en route to Yellowstone. Are you headed that way?
          The Trop is a mob-built edifice that has tottered along, underperforming and on the verge of bankruptcy in nearly every form, for 60 years+ now. Perhaps it’s lovable because of this. In the 80s it was bought off the mob by Ramada who then gambled that they could simply stop payments and dare the previous owners to sue, thinking they would not risk legal scrutiny and a court battle. Ramada lost spectacularly in the biggest settlement of its kind in Nevada history at that time.

• paulm says:

There was some chat yesterday about not being able to upgrade to Amex platinum. Just wanted to add that I have just called and upgraded to it from the green charge

• PMG says:

Did you get any bonus/points for that or not?

Tempted to do it and some points may sway my decision 😊

• AngryOctopus says:

anyone have a Addison Lee first ride code? RIDE8 doesn’t work

• J says:

My wife was abroad last month and realised the Returning to the UK Test she’s ordered from Chronomics was just an empty box. She contacted Chronomics to have them urgently sort out a replacement test (obviously not really expecting anything to come of it), but never heard back. Until now, almost a month later…

“Hi Mrs J, Thank you for your email
    I have sent your details with your information to our tech support they should sort it out for you but if you could send a picture of the empty box perhaps.
    many thanks” 😀

• TGLoyalty says:

What a useless request. Even if it previously had something in it you could send a pic of an empty box.

• The Original Nick. says:

Hi all – I’m sorry for being really slow at the moment but as I’m flying to Spain tomorrow do I have to fill in a passenger locator form? I’ve completed the Spth form and I’ve ordered my day 2 test for once I get home on Sunday.

• Tracey says:

I guess not accepting people who have recovered from covid within the last 180 days as equivalent to having been vaccinated rules us out.

• Roy says:

I’m not sure it does…. I thought those decisions were down to individual member states anyway. No idea if the holdup is technical or political (but I guess the latter).