Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The HfP chat thread – Saturday 30th October

The comments under this article are where you should post questions about travel and, indeed, anything else on your mind.

Comments (420)

• Rich says:

Shrödinger’s runway is never dead. It’s both planned and deferred. Nobody knows until they try to land on it.

• Paul says:

Herr Shrödinger seems busy at the moment. IHG points and vouchers, BA customer service, FTV valuations, Gatwick BA routes, COVID cases……

• Andrew H says:

However… it’s the Telegraph.

• Shaw West says:

Anyone had luck with Europcar oneway rental recently? I keep getting “Sorry, an error occurred, please try again or contact us.”. Oneway rental is not avbl when we call the contact centre

• Andrew H says:

Enterprise does one way, and seems to be a lot cheaper than Europcar.

• Princess says:

I got the same, tried many times and even reach out to them with the contact form.. They just replied it is something they don’t control. It was so useful!!!!

• xcalx says:

It was working about 3 week ago I had a booking for next week that I cancelled a few days ago. I have tried to book again for a new date but getting the same error message.

• Andrew H says:

How does the overall price compare with Enterprise? If the base price is much higher, one way surcharge of £1 isn’t a bargain…

• Pete1968 says:

It’s £1 and that’s all you pay

• Andrew H says:

£1 *total* for car hire? Must be part of some other deal/membership/points redemption etc as no one can make money hiring a car for £1.

• Andrew H says:

Ok, I get it now. Surely not very likely to give you a hire time that fits with plans, more the other way round…

• Pete1968 says:

You’d be surprised. They want people to drive cars back to Heathrow for £1 hire.

Cheaper than the low-loader.

Sure – you pay the diesel/ petrol.

• Rob says:

You do if it is a one-way repositioning rental and the alternative is the rental company hiring a car transporter.

• N says:

Silly question – I have to do a PCR test to enter Dubai within 72 hours of departing from London. If my flight is at 8.30pm on Friday, the earliest I can do the test is Tuesday after 8.30pm. If I do a postal PCR test, how will they know I’ve done it within 72 hours of the flight?

• Louise K says:

Double check that Dubai doesn’t want an in-person test.

I booked my boss a test on Wednesday morning for a Friday night departure.

• N says:

Thanks, I checked and looks like they just want a pre departure PCR test within 72 hours of the departing flight