Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The HfP chat thread – Sunday 7th November

The comments under this article are where you should post questions about travel and, indeed, anything else on your mind.

Comments (263)

• Cabal of rabid baboons says:

In fact I’ve got the tricast up because I’m waiting for my AMEX to BA transfer, my missing Morrison’s credits from the 26th onwards and my 5K Avios for a Platinum companion card from a fortnight ago.

• Zoe says:

Has anyone found a use for Hyperjar, not expecting details happy to do some work myself…

• BuildBackBetter says:

Virgin money current account offer – can I set up direct debits after the switch or do they have to be on donor account before switching? If it’s the latter, any suggestions for the smallest dd that can be set up?

• Metty says:

Could some kind soul remind me of the www. of the site that searches and lists the cheapest BA fares? I can’t find it in my google history…. (Not the BA.com one…)

cheers!

• Paul Pogba says:

You mean like Momondo, Skyscanner or Google Flights? They allow you to search a route then filter by alliance or airline.

• Metty says:

PP: not those….it’s a ‘hobbyist’ type site that I had as a tab on my ipad, more like rewardflightfinder, owenrudge etc….spent all night going through my google history and can’t find it!

• Rh says:

I spotted a load more business class flights have appeared with BA coming back from Miami in January. I booked return leg yesterday (my outbound to Cancun was already sorted).

• Dave Wood says:

I can’t seem to find any BA first class reward seat availability in 2022. I’ve done multiple trips to Japan in First previously and haven’t had much difficulty finding seats as long as I look 9+ months in advance. Recently, there has been nothing at all. And there doesn’t seem to be any for any other routes I’ve checked either. Has BA stopped offering first for reward seats?