Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The HfP chat thread – Friday 19th November

The comments under this article are where you should post questions about travel and, indeed, anything else on your mind.

Comments (466)

• NvT1115 says:

Still thinking another BAEC extension in the offing… Time will tell

• Phil says:

I’ve just amended a Marriott redemption for next year, for which I currently don’t have sufficient points.

Completing the amendment threw up the option of buying the required points – despite me having bought my full allowance of points this year. How you feel about the 1p a point being charged depends on what you’re getting. In my case it got me 3p a point of value – so I’ll take that.

• YC says:

errr… its currently being sold for c.0.64p/point in the promo… If your maxed out, you can get OH/friend to buy 100k and transfer to you for free

• Shaw West says:

Anyone aware of a VPN that can stream DAZN Canada? Nordvpn doesn’t work.

• SLL says:

ExpressVPN works.

• Worksop Dave says:

Express vpn works for pretty much everything I’ve ever tried. If a server doesn’t work then you can contact them on live chat and they’ll sort it out

• Andy says:

Second express vpn, use it for Skygo and never had any issues

• Shaw West says:

Spoke to them. They do support Dazn Canada with a 30 day money back guarantee.Pricey, will wait for Blackfriday 🙂

• Mick S says:

Try amending your DNS settings. I had an issue with nordvpn blocking bbc iPlayer and Amazon video. Nordvpn gave me some new dns entries and everything works again

• Shaw West says:

Not Dazn canada. I did speak to them, but they said DAZN canada is not avbl. I use it for Netflix and Peacock.

• Jon says:

A320neo business class is standard economy seating right? I’m thinking exit row seat in economy is going to be much more comfortable for 5 hours to Cairo than business class.

• Shaw West says:

Curve sent me a receipt to mail today.

INTRODUCING: EMAIL RECEIPTS
    You can receive an email receipt of each purchase straight to your inbox. Perfect for invoice and expense management.

• John says:

Been around for ages

• TGLoyalty says:

You always get it the first time you use a new card as trail of the feature.

You can switch the feature on for any or all cards if you want.

• Keith says:

Does anyone have a link to the sworn statement currently used for entry to France as a fully vaccinated adult? Thanks

• Bill says:

Data point – I was holding a cash reservation for the last family room available at a Radisson. I transferred my Amex Rewards Points to Radisson which took 2 days. Once the points arrived at Radisson i then cancelled the cash booking. 37 minutes later the released room was available to book using cash or points. The 2 day transfer was my 2nd transfer. The first took a couple of days longer

• Nick Booker says:

Guys/Gals a Chronomics refund question.
    I have 2 x fit to fly kits which I returned for a refund due to not being needed. They were returned in October, I have chased this on a couple of occasions but been told ” refund dept are busy”
    Has anyone experience of time to refund?