Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The HfP chat thread – Thursday 2nd December

The comments under this article are where you should post questions about travel and, indeed, anything else on your mind.

Comments (458)

• Tracey says:

It’s getting near crunch time, what are the chances of Mauritius turning red this side of Xmas and is St Lucia any safer?

• Geoff 1977 says:

Difficult to say. Anybody’s guess really

• Tazzy says:

I’m at st Lucia airport en route home. Reasonably tight covid measures. I suspect Mauritius more likely to go red due to proximity to SA

• Russel says:

Some BA advice please.
    I have a flight booked with BA next week to a country that has closed its borders to foreigners.
    Where do I stand in regards to a refund?
    The flight has not been cancelled but I will not be let in the country

• Jamie says:

Hi, I’ve been trying to transfer points between two Hilton accounts for 4 weeks now. The first time it worked fine, the points appeared immediately on my account. Now every time I try to transfer them I get to the confirmation page where it says that the points will be transferred within 24-48 hours but they never are. I’ve tried points pooling as well. I called hilton honors customer support but they were not very helpful. The opened a case but not contacted me since. Anyone else had similar problems?

• Anna says:

Are you within the transfer limits (though I think these are pretty high)?

• David says:

Has anyone had their double BA tier points posted recently, from the BA holidays offer?

I know BA are having a tough time of it with the BAEC IT drama and Southern Africa flight issues, but I’m waiting for these to post from the beginning of October…

Obv the form on the BA website to report lost tier points and avios isn’t working and to get through on the phone is a mission. Any tips?

I was gonna try live chat tomorrow

• WaynedP says:

I successfully used Chat to get my double TPs credited in October, despite my request being one week before the published 4 week time-frame.

Chat collated my details and passed them onto back office admin which processed the whole thing within a couple of days as I recall.

• DAJ says:

I used the following email which was actioned promptly:

[email protected]

Hope that helps

• Matty says:

Flight was mid October. I emailed on day 30, which was 19 November and no response yet. Still no Tier Points. I emailed [email protected]

• BP says:

Sheraton Grand Dubai. I’m not impressed at all. Turned up at 1:45am with a 2 year old in tow. Check-in took over 20 minutes because the rate had mysteriously trebled. Then said breakfast wasn’t included when it is. Then no cot in the room as requested weeks earlier. Then found out only two towels for three people despite extra being requested weeks earlier.

Piss poor service. Will be speaking to the manager tomorrow.

• Tom says:

Sorry for asking for another recommendation …

Thoughts on Moxy Warsaw Praga? (Platinum status – I know it won’t mean a lot there but still)