Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes 230k Miles & More miles expiring at the end of March

• Kowalski 105 posts

Hi all,

So I have just over 230k Miles & More miles due to expire at the end of March. I don’t have any significant travel plans at all in the coming months which could utilise them. Any thoughts on what to do with them!?

meta 1,426 posts

You can extend them for a fee (expensive) for another 3 years or you can book something for later and then just keep changing the date (not destination).

AJA 1,060 posts

I do find the rule that they expire after 3 years even if you earn more very annoying. At least with BA earning new Avios extends all of them indefinitely.

elguiri 216 posts

Did you have the M&M diners card? If so, you should have received an email saying they’ll expire end of June instead.

Kowalski 105 posts

Did you have the M&M diners card? If so, you should have received an email saying they’ll expire end of June instead.

Yes I did have that credit card, but I’ve not received an email saying that!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

It is June expiration. I am guessing we get 1 mile dropped into our accounts soon.

To be clear … there used to be a trick where you could make a booking at the end of the quarter, wait for the expiry date to pass and then cancel it at the start of the next quarter and get your miles back. They wouldn’t expire again until the end of the next quarter giving you 3 months to rebook.

This is no longer the case AFAIK. If you cancel a booking made with expired miles, they disappear instantly.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.