Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice 32 hours in Bahrain – any advice?

• Ducky 20 posts

I have 32 hours to kill in Bahrain later this month, any advice? I’m arriving at 0600 and departing 1400 the next day. I’m picking up the tab myself for this one so was considering staying at the Radisson Blu Diplomat and asking what they could do regarding early arrival.

Any advice on hotels but also food and what to do more generally would be much appreciated.

Dubious 33 posts

I visited Bahrain for a few days some decades ago. I occupied my time by getting a rental car (the taxis system was irritating) and visiting the Observation Tower at the middle point of the causeway (just before the border), the oil well museum (which turned out to be closed) and an old mudwalled fort (which also turned out to be closed but I snuck in anyway). I don’t recall much else, but maybe it has changed?

Biki 117 posts

My experience of Bahrain from work trips around 10 years ago was either go to the Brit club for very cheap drinks, or watch the US squaddies get beaten by Filipino ladies at pool.

Olly 242 posts

We stayed at the HGI in Bahrain Bay last year. It’s very modern, does a good breakfast and is attached to a big mall by lift which has lots of food and shopping options. The best hotel is the 4 seasons which is on the other side of the bay (5 mins by shuttle boat) and where we will be heading back to when we return for October half-term

Mandy 43 posts

@Ducky, how did you get on in Bahrain? We are going in Feb – any recommendations on things to do? Does anyone know of good brunches suitable for teenager in tow and maybe access to a pool? We are staying in Intercontinental.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.