Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club £35 reward flights – do these still exist?

• djcox 2 posts

Is it still possible to book £35 each way Short Haul reward flights? I just tried for AMS over a weekend in Feb for a family of 4 in Business Class and the option I got was 125,000 avios + £4 or I can book the same in economy for £574 cash. Both flights show as being reward flights but neither appear to be giving the previous cash + avios option. For a single traveler the best I could find (business out / economy back) 1 Adult Avios 6500 + Cost=£ 107.00,Taxes = £ 78.97 Total = £185.97. So has the £35 option been removed?

ChrisC 956 posts

Did you click on the “further pricing options” (or words to that effect) line on the screen?

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Peter K 553 posts

You need to have earned at least 1 avios in the past 12 months to get RFS prices.

Jacob 223 posts

Yep, just yesterday I booked economy CDG-LHR for 9600 Avios + £0.50 cash and business LHR-MAD for 6750 avios + £25…

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

Yep, just yesterday I booked economy CDG-LHR for 9600 Avios + £0.50 cash

But that is a crap deal – you should have taken the 4750 Avios + £17.50 option.

If nothing else, the 4850 Avios saved would have got you around £40 of Nectar points vs the £10 you saved.

Jacob 223 posts

Yep, just yesterday I booked economy CDG-LHR for 9600 Avios + £0.50 cash

But that is a crap deal – you should have taken the 4750 Avios + £17.50 option.

If nothing else, the 4850 Avios saved would have got you around £40 of Nectar points vs the £10 you saved.

That’s what I indeed did, 2-person booking:

I was just responding to the OP, that there are definitely fares without the sky-high taxes…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.