Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes AAdvantage vs BA Executive Club

• harrysown 1 post

Hi,

We recently took a long haul trip on AA and never thought about the benefits of freq flyer memberships beforehand. I signed up with AA afterwards as we could not retroactively claim an AA flight on BA Exec Club as we were not members beforehand.

So I’ve been reading alot on this site and it seems like AA isn’t the greatest program if you live in the UK, while BA’s Avios scheme is much better.

What would you do? Try and maximise AA miles through the Mariott Bonvoy Card scheme or just forget those miles and sign up with Exec club?

Seems like there are a lot of benefits to schemes like these so we’d like to commit to doing one or the other.

Thanks

Mirp 41 posts

If you live in the UK, BA usually will be better. I was AA Platinum (equivalent to BA Silver) and I’m now BA Gold. AA use to upgrade me all the time although it was officially against policy.

truthbetold 130 posts

AA is great for redemptions uk-downunder

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.