Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Advice on emptying Amex MR points account

• chankim 3 posts

Hello,

I’ve moved to Canada indefinitely a few months ago and was planning on emptying my MR points account before I cancel my Amex Gold Card. I was wondering if people had any advice as to best value transfer partner?
    I don’t foresee myself flying BA anytime soon so was thinking of Marriott Bonvoy given its large portfolio of properties.
    For reference it’s just under 31,000 points so not a huge amount 🙂

I’d appreciate your thoughts and any suggestions.
    Thank you!

Carlos 758 posts

Its logical to wait for an amex redemption offer to maximise points but there almost isnt any to recall at all

Andrew J 769 posts

Its logical to wait for an amex redemption offer to maximise points but there almost isnt any to recall at all

The double value statement credit in 2020 was a good one giving you £9/1000 but those were exceptional times.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,197 posts

Our valuations are here – https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/11/22/what-is-the-best-use-of-american-express-points-2/

Whilst most partners work in chunks of 500 or 1000, Nectar and Radisson do not so your last few points should go there.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

If you don’t need the points now, apply for the free MR card and close the gold one. The free MR card will retain your points forever until you decide where you want them.
    Retain a UK address and phone number.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.