Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Aegean Miles+Bonus points

• Philondon 274 posts

I’ve got 8,500 points through various freebies mentioned on here. I can’t transfer them to Accor then Avios as I’ve never made a flight with them.

So where can I fly with 8,500 points? There doesn’t seem to be an easy way to see on their website how the costings work with points unlike on BA and Virgin Atlantic.

I see they only fly direct to Athens from London which would be a nice holiday but how far would 8,500 points get me? Or can I transfer them to a partner airline and would that be better?

I’m guessing 8,500 points won’t get me far!

Philondon 274 posts

I also noticed that I have a coupon for Holmes Place spa in Greece. I’m not sure how I got it. Was it through the 20 Year Competition?

BJ 657 posts

It will get you a domestic flight with Aegean in Y (5k or 7.5k) but not in business as that requires 10k. For one way international flights on Aegean in Y you multiply the distance between origin and destination x8 for Flex and x10 for Flex Comfort, and x15 for business. Thus, 8.5k miles will get you from Athens to around Vienna, Prague, Munich or therabouts. Forget *A partners, I think the cheapest in Y is now about 30k IIRC, although it is zone based so there are many sweetspots if you have and are willing to transfer Bonvoy points.

Ash 621 posts

@phillondon, other than the 20 year anniversary freebies. What other ways are there at the moment?

From memory, 10k upgrades a london to athens leg from Flexi Y to J.

meta 1,426 posts

Avianca is 12.5k one-way in Y in South America. 25k for Y return in Asia. It used to be 25k for one-way business, now 32.5k.

@Ash
    they ran a discount on miles purchases twice before pandemic. 50k for 500 euros. Maybe it returns. There is also Marriott Bonvoy and Heathrow Rewards for transfers. I credit all *A to Aegean as they seem to award the most miles, especially on short-haul flights in Europe.

John 1,000 posts

A3 burn chart is here https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonus/partners/airlines/swiss_international_airlines/ (press “How to redeem”)

Applies to all Star airlines I believe. No real sweet spots except that if you can find two long/medium-haul segments with a <24h stopover between, it’s the same miles as a direct flight. Otherwise find the longest flight in a single zone

I’ve ended up using most of my miles on European short-haul when the cash prices were ridiculous but I wasn’t very flexible on route or date. I tend to get about 1 eurocent per mile on the actual price, and I treat the miles as worth 0.5 eurocents based on what I’m willing to pay.

Hard to accumulate miles unless you pay for flexible J or F. Long-haul J tickets at the prices I am willing to paytend to only earn around 10-15k miles round trip i.e. barely enough for a one-way European Y

BJ 657 posts

55k North America to South Africa in J, and transcontinental North America for 21k on flat beds look quite sweet to me. There’s others too but Aegean
    do apply surcharges.

meta 1,426 posts

@BJ Only if the operating airline charges them!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

I thought that ANY Star flight would activate transfers to Accor from Aegean? I was planning to credit a random Lufty flight for my wife now she has 8k which can be moved.

gary w 22 posts

I thought that ANY Star flight would activate transfers to Accor from Aegean? I was planning to credit a random Lufty flight for my wife now she has 8k which can be moved.

This is correct I credited my Lufthansa flight last week and it’s unlocked my freebie miles that I’ve now moved out to Accor. Success !

aban95 3 posts

Has anyone any experience in booking an award ticket on Austrian (or Lufthansa Group) through A3 Miles & Bonus? Does it include checked baggage? Many thanks for your help.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.