Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help Air France delayed by 4 hours. Any EU261 compensation?

• BajiNahid 169 posts

Hi guys.

I’m currently coming back from Miami and have a flight with Air France to Paris and then a 2 hour connection in Paris before we head back to Edinburgh.

However just 7 hours before our departure from Miami to Paris. We have got an email notification that our flight from Miami is delayed by 4/5 hours, leaving us with a connection in Paris for 3 hours instead of 2.

Can you please advise me if I am eligible for EU261 compensation in this case?

Would appreciate any assistance.

NorthernLass 7,544 posts

The reason for the delay will determine whether compo is payable, so try and find this out if possible. I think you have to be delayed by at least 5 hours for long haul but I might be wrong, so arrival time will be crucial.

*As long as you are definitely on Air France and not Delta.

ChrisC 956 posts

Any delay would be measured based on the time difference between your scheduled and actual arrival times in EDI and not CDG.

And then it would depend on the reason / cause of the delay.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.