Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Air Passenger Refund – Iberia

• WorldFlyer 41 posts

What exactly do I need to do in order to get air passenger duty back for a rewards flight not flown, booked via Iberia, carrier would have been American Airlines.

Costs circa £ 300 = 3800 Avios

Iberia representative didn’t know what to do about it and the online portal does not have a function to reclaim air passenger duty (at least I did not find it).

I do not have an email address to email Iberia.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    meta 1,439 posts

Iberia partner redemptions are non-refundable and it will be near impossible to get back APD. You can try via online form, but I doubt it.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Lady London 2,045 posts

Legally though, surely entitled? What was the route? A while back the CAA did remind airlines they had to refund this for flights not taken even though otherwise the passenger was facing a zero refund policy – but tax still had to be returned.

I would be surprised if Iberia has covered themselves so technically I would expect the APD to be recoverable.

I’m not going to mention the sneaky way a certain LCC deals with this as I am surprised the CAA hasn’t put a stop to it.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.