Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex BAPP 70,000 offer – cancelling card after 3 months?

• FatBarney 1 post

Hi,

sorry if this has been asked before, what happens (how do i) if i cancel the BA Prem+ Credit Card once the 70,000 points have been awarded? do i get a pro-rota’ed refund of the £250 annual fee? also, i assume they cant reclaim the Avios points as they would already be in by BA account?

memesweeper 1,255 posts

Once the Avios are in BAEC they are safe

The fee refund is pro-rated

ekposh 189 posts

Depending on your spend and if you think you’ll hit 10k, I think would be daft to cancel until you do.

But yes, you can, I cancelled my Gold (as got BAPP) and pro rata refund was pretty much instant and credited to my balance so had less to pay off

WillPS 194 posts

Depending on your spend and if you think you’ll hit 10k, I think would be daft to cancel until you do.

But yes, you can, I cancelled my Gold (as got BAPP) and pro rata refund was pretty much instant and credited to my balance so had less to pay off

Unless you have no interest in flying [with BA].

ekposh 189 posts

True but my assumption is you do, hence the 70000 Avios. Or Iberia or Aer Lingus. But you’re quite right, it’s another reason you might not want to.

BJ 657 posts

Unless you have no interest in flying [with BA].

…or unless you have no further interest in doing business with amex! Over recent years we have seen a number of changes from amex in an effort to limit abuses. These have ranged from account closures in USA to changes in bonus eligibility, and more recently restrictions on referrals. I am not suggesting that should you do this that you will not be approved for a further card but the direction of travel at amex is clear. I have gone from being a serial churner prior to 2018 to holding only one credit and one charge card today.

MBA1413 12 posts

If you think toy can still spend another 7k for the upgrade voucher I would cancel after the voucher has been issued.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.