Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Amex Bonvoy Gold status

• Mick S 271 posts

I applied last week on the day that HFP sent out the email. Was immediately accepted and card arrived very quickly.
    My 15 nights have posted but I’ve not been bumped from Silver to Gold yet. Does this take extra time, or is it another IT system where something simple has fallen down the cracks?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

The terms did say that it may not happen until IIRC 15th June.

Mick S 271 posts

I’m not surprised really, it’s just the way it seems to be nowadays – but I’ve not made it to Gold.
    Don’t know whether to contact Amex, or Marriot. Both options sound painful, and the difference between Silver and Gold doesnt seem that much anyway.

did anyone else apply for the card and actually got awarded Gold ?

petek 3 posts

Same for me, still on silver.

I’ve given Amex a call who said I should call Marriott. The Marriott agent I spoke to couldn’t find the offer so has raised a case. I’ll see what happens in the next week.

It’s annoying as I’ve got a few stays coming up so was hoping to benefit from the increased earning rate which is how I rationalised the fee.

Mick S 271 posts

same here, I have a few in the US next month.

I’d have more confidence of a successful outcome had it been an Amex issue, sounds like from what you’ve said that it’s now on the “never never” list.
    Can you keep this thread updated please, I am interested to know the outcome?

petek 3 posts

I finally managed to sort this out after going back and forth between Marriott and Amex. It was eventually sorted by Amex telling Marriott that I was eligible.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.