Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex International Currency Card (ICC) application/approval process – how long?

• Skywalker 697 posts

Morning all,

I’ve taken the plunge and applied for an Amex ICC.

This was a couple of weeks ago, and I still haven’t heard anything back. Can anyone shed light on how long this particular process takes, or at least, how long it took for your own ICCs to come through?

Thanks in advance

memesweeper 1,252 posts

It’s a slow, manual process. Having said that, if it’s two weeks of complete silence, I’d chase up now.

Skywalker 697 posts

Aah okay – thank you. I will just sit tight. Not complete silence, I called for an update and they said ‘they’re working on it’ and thought that things were just going wrong. Now I know it’s simply a slow manual process 😀

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    QFFlyer 156 posts

I applied for one about 3 weeks ago, was approved within about a week (this is my second time around with ICC though). That said, it’s now been two weeks and the card still hasn’t arrived.

AY 27 posts

I did the euro icc and whole process was around 3 weeks, they did ask me to confirm my job title which I found a bit strange.

Skywalker 697 posts

Just an update for anyone on this thread and anyone on the internet who may be going through the same thing 😀

I received the approval email today. I applied on the 30th April 2022, so the process took about a month.

Thanks for tuning in 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.