Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex offers cashback not honoured – disappeared from Amex system history

• rabbitalk 3 posts

Has anyone encountered issues with Amex cashback offers that disappeared from the account after you’ve saved and used it? And did anyone managed to get Amex to honour the offer afterwards?

Amex claimed my ‘history’ of offers doesn’t even have the specific offer I was referring to – i.e. the offer I used was never offered to me and my sub-card according to their record. Both myself and my sub-card (checked by both cardholder) had the offer – we tripled checked the offer before we used it. Hence to be told it was ‘never offered to us in our account’ is hard for us to believe in. The problem is we haven’t take screenshot of the offer so we are £100 out of pocket in this scenario as Amex claimed they have no record of that at all.

Amex said they never encountered system issues on that hence it’s a warning if anyone are expecting cashback especially if it’s a substantial amount.

Lesson learned, rem to take screenshots of the offer you’ve used especially if it’s a decent amount of cashback you are expecting, so in the case of disputes, you can proof it (Do we need to even screenshot T&Cs next?).

Ladyshopper 108 posts

I always take a screenshot of offers after hearing a few stories like this (I know that doesn’t help you now!). No idea why it happens, but it’s very frustrating.

Cranzle 271 posts

What’s the offer? I’m sure someone can send you a screenshot.
    I’ve often had offers disappear, with no trace. But they’ve always paid out, so no issues.
    The non-brighton customer service is a waste of time for such issues.

Share the offer, and when you hit the qualifying spend.

rabbitalk 3 posts

The offer is Hilton £250 spend £50 cashback. Amex insisted there is never a system issue and refused to honour that even I have made a complaint. I just managed to find a screenshot I made confirming that offer was on my card – So I will now make further complaint – see what happens.

But that pose a bigger issue that Amex DO have a system issue and likely there are many cashback that were not being honoured due to their system problem.

SteveJ 977 posts

They are VERY stubborn on this. I’ve had the same issue in the past (Bicester Village offer), no screenshots but I had the participating vendors file in my downloads.

Tried to convince them that there is no way I’d have that file if I didn’t have the offer saved, but they wouldn’t buy it.

sloth 315 posts

I have been receiving numerous reminder emails from amex over the last few months for all offers that I have saved, titled eg Don’t miss out on your Meliá Hotels & Resorts offer…cant you check your email to see if you received the relevant reminder? then I fail to see how they can deny the offer to you

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.