Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex Platinum 50% off for 1st year in Netherlands

• tw33ty 186 posts

Seen that the Amex platinum card is 50% off for the first year in Netherlands atm.

Not sure if that’s normal for here or not, but if they done that offer in the UK, I know I’d be signing up.

tom1 63 posts

Same in Switzerland and has been for the last year I’ve been watching. Soo possibly a standard non-U.K. offer.

tw33ty 186 posts

That’s disappointing, was getting my hopes built up there.

Reney 756 posts

The plat bonus is currently doubled at 60k MR points, 30k is worth approximately £240 when convert to avios to nectar. That is almost 40% off the annual fee…

Wiseoldman 68 posts

Interested in the NL platinum. cant see if the benefits are worth it? does anyone know

JdeW 19 posts

Amex Platinum does not have a 50% fee offer for year 1. However, the Flying Blue Amex Platinum card does…

Unique Limited Time Offer:
    1st Year 60,000 Miles + 90 XP

(30 XP one time, 60 XP every year)
    Ask to
    Compare map
    Promotion conditions
    √ Now 1st year 50% discount (after that € 600 per year)
    √ Earn at least 1.5 Miles with all your purchases
    √ An annual bonus of 60 XP gift
    √ Car rental insurance on top of the comprehensive travel insurancE
    UNQUOTE

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

I mean …. what more do you want?

60k points worth £480 in Nectar as a bare minimum
    £200 Amex Travel
    £100 HN credit (assuming you cancel late Jan)
    £300 UK dining credit (assuming you cancel late Jan)

So that’s £1080 if you hold the card until end of Jan, in return for paying £200 of fees. If you’re outside the UK you may get the £300 foreign dining credit too.

comeocome 43 posts

I wonder if the NL platinum card allows you to enter the plaza premium lounge in LHR too?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.