Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Anybody else not able to register for Barclays Premier?

• kynazanatoly 13 posts

I have a Barclaycard Avios Plus, and I’m trying to register to Barclays Premier through the app to get the 100k Avios bonus.

I can pass the ID check correctly and got to a screen where they ask me my yearly and monthly salary. After going through that, the app tells me that they can’t complete the application in the app.

Does anybody had this happen? Here is some more data:
    * My salary is over £75k/y, so I should be able to open an account here.
    * My credit score is great in all 3 bureaus.
    * I lived in the same rented flat for over 3 years.
    * I’m an UK resident, but not an UK citizen. Maybe this is triggering some exceptional case?

Whisper2 44 posts

Player 2 applied 2 weeks ago. Failed ID check in app and eventually got it done in the branch after 3 visits. What told she would be contacted when to proceed.
    She got a letter at the weekend to say

“We have considered your application carefully and it does not meet the banks needs.”

MingTheMerciless 27 posts

I’m in the same situation, strong credit score but there’s something Barclays don’t like about meas they will only give me a £2k credit limit on the card, and only let me have a basic account with no overdraft.

Guernsey Globetrotter 584 posts

I’m in the same situation, strong credit score but there’s something Barclays don’t like about meas they will only give me a £2k credit limit on the card, and only let me have a basic account with no overdraft.

Maybe they Googled and read about your exploits on here Emperor! 😉

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.