Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Anyone flown CX recently?

• AndyUK101 49 posts

Not really frequent flyer related but curious if anyone has flown CX recently?

I’ve just booked AMS-BKK with them and didn’t realise that masks were still a requirement, transit through KKG looks like it is quite simple now but interested in any recent first hand experiences

Thanks

kaconym 22 posts

I haven’t flown them recently but I did have a booking for the coming December, LHR-HKG-AKL return. Possibly the worst experience I’ve ever had before a trip, booked it originally with a 3.5 hour layover outbound and return, my original flights were changed or cancelled more than 5 times in 2 months before I decided to throw in the towel and booked with someone else.

Often they would cancel the second leg and move it 2 days later or earlier so I would either have 48 hours in Hong Kong (at the time you couldn’t leave the airport in transit), our my ‘second’ leg would leave 48 hours before I arrived in Hong Kong.

This would inevitably lead to 4 hours on hold to their terrible customer service who would only offer to move my entire itinerary to match my new second leg so my departure and arrival dates would constantly change. they would also refuse to book me on a different routing that more closely matched my original travel dates as they are legally meant to do under UK261.

I can only hope with Hong Kong opening more fully now they’ve nailed down their schedule and can actually commit to flights for your sake. But as for me I don’t think I will be booking Cathay ever again.

AndyUK101 49 posts

Some definite buyers remorse here, booked them out of nostalgia really and starting to regret it, pre covid I’d flown them a few times and nothing ever stood out as exceptional but everything was above average

Shame about the CS issues they’ve had, like you say hopefully the changes at HKG give them a stable base now

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.