Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Apple Pay

• Nath4n 66 posts

Has anyone got this to work yet?
    I also can’t add my card to Google Pay (Android phone), so hoping they also enable that by ‘end of May’ as above…

Youllnever 182 posts

I also can’t add my card to Google Pay (Android phone), so hoping they also enable that by ‘end of May’ as above…

Mentioned here, but it won’t be available on Google Pay.

Nath4n 66 posts

Mentioned here, but it won’t be available on Google Pay.

Ah, must have missed that – thank you. Shame to see Barclays not supporting Google Pay at all, I can’t imagine contactless through their own app will come close to the convenience of having the card on an Android lock screen as part of Google Pay. Curve it is, and then using the card itself for purchases over £100 (Section 75 protection).

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    APPL 23 posts

Well, looks like it’s finally working with Apple Pay (I’ve not tried paying with it yet, but managed to add it to Apple Pay).

trient 24 posts

A giant step for mankind.. will take a day off to celebrate.

iamlost 108 posts

Well, looks like it’s finally working with Apple Pay (I’ve not tried paying with it yet, but managed to add it to Apple Pay).

Hallelujah! It finally works. The image they’ve used doesn’t do the real card justice (which I found surprisingly nice irl).

facelikefizz 11 posts

I’m very happy that I have been able to set up Apple Pay for my card. But my husband, as the additional cardholder, can’t get it to work. It says it’s going to send a verification text to my mobile (even though in the Barclaycard app I’ve added his mobile number for the additional card) but no message arrives. Anyone else been able to get Apple Pay to work for their additional cardholder?

Rui N. 828 posts

A giant step for mankind.. will take a day off to celebrate.

We should start a petition to add an extra bank holiday in a couple of weeks.

dst87 263 posts

Anyone else been able to get Apple Pay to work for their additional cardholder?

My husband had a similar issue, except Apple Pay offered “Call Barclaycard” as the only option to complete verification, but the number provided was generic and offered an endless and frustrating IVR tree that didn’t let him speak to anyone, or do any kind of automated verification. He couldn’t even hear any menu option that referenced Apple Pay.

NunoBettencourtsPinky 107 posts

This raises the issue of why Apply Pay is OK for Barclcaycard, but Google Pay isn’t?

Has anyone set up contactless payments via the Barclays App itself? I’m currently using Curve via Google Pay.

trickyuk 29 posts

Yay finally and made a transaction as well

Youllnever 182 posts

This raises the issue of why Apply Pay is OK for Barclcaycard, but Google Pay isn’t?

Because Barclays is forced to adopt Apple Pay if they want to provide contactless payments on iOS, while this isn’t the case for Android.

NunoBettencourtsPinky 107 posts

Because Barclays is forced to adopt Apple Pay if they want to provide contactless payments on iOS, while this isn’t the case for Android.

Ah gotcha.

pog2005 16 posts

Managed to add to my iPhone and Apple Watch without any trouble – I used the add to Apple Wallet option in the Barclays app, and didn’t need to verify

egghedx 10 posts

Apple Pay

Just realised that it does not list the transactions as any other card would.

Did a couple of payments since yesterday.

anonymess 16 posts

my husband, as the additional cardholder, can’t get it to work.

There seem to be some bugs around additional cardholders. We’ve not tried Apple Pay yet but normal online transactions by the additional cardholder are not being verified properly: the additional cardholder’s phone is not being shown as a option. We ate also seeing a phone which is not ours in the list.

I have reported this four times but it is not fixed (two of those reports were by phone and they cut the line part way through the conversation, one was by letter with a six-week promised response time). They say the phone number is showing correctly at their end.

anonymess 16 posts

chelynnah 41 posts

I’m the additional card holder. Husband is primary. We haven’t set his Apple Pay up yet. But I’ve just tried to set up mine. Everything went through and it’s linked, but for the final verification the only option was a text to his mobile, which suggests that there’s still an issue with the secondary account holder authentication, because it should be my mobile number. However that’s not the actual issue. The issue is that he’s not actually received a text with the verification code 🤷‍♀️ I’ve tried a couple of times and the only option is to complete it later or ‘try another way’ but then it only comes up with his number again. So I’ll let it sit there for a bit and see what happens when he gets home after work and we try and link his.

What a right PIT* this has all been with the additional card holders.

markja 3 posts

I am an additional card holder. A few days ago I tried to add to Apple Pay. No success at all as widely reported here. Today I tried again and I can now add card to my phone with the verification code prompt. It is showing my correct (partial) number. But no SMS received. So also up a blind alley.

The main cardholder successfully added their card to their iphone. But when prompted as to where to send verification code it had two phone numbers. Both were the same and for the additional card holders phone! The SMS worked to that phone and duly activated the card on the primary phone. Weird.

chelynnah 41 posts

The main cardholder successfully added their card to their iphone. But when prompted as to where to send verification code it had two phone numbers. Both were the same and for the additional card holders phone! The SMS worked to that phone and duly activated the card on the primary phone. Weird.

This was our same experience with my husband’s phone when he came home tonight to add his. 2 identical numbers offered.

Interestingly after his was added mine changed from showing his number for verification to requesting we call Barclays. I have Curve set up for the few non-Amex transactions if I need to use Apple Pay, so I’m just going to wait a few days and see if the glitches sort themselves out.

I will say that with the Lloyds MC he had to call in for me (secondary card holder) to add it to Apple Pay, so it’s possible Barclays is doing the same. I think it’s dumb though. What’s the point of slowing a secondary card holder if they can’t just get on and use the card 😡

anonymess 16 posts

Both were the same and for the additional card holders phone! The SMS worked to that phone and duly activated the card on the primary phone. Weird.

Opposite here! Primary cardholder was offered two entries, both the *primary* phone. One did nothing, the other worked.

You have to wonder about the quality of testing in these systems given the randomness of some of this data.

masaccio 719 posts

Arriving just in time for my card downgrade

PAUL7331 12 posts

My husband had a similar issue, except Apple Pay offered “Call Barclaycard” as the only option to complete verification, but the number provided was generic and offered an endless and frustrating IVR tree that didn’t let him speak to anyone, or do any kind of automated verification. He couldn’t even hear any menu option that referenced Apple Pay.

This is exactly where I’m at right now. Only option is ‘call Barclays’ but it’s painfull. Called them earlier and they had no idea!!

FarAway 33 posts

So Apple Pay for BC Avios Plus is still a no go? Verification text message so that it can be added to wallet never arrives!

PAUL7331 12 posts

Looks that way buddy. I spoke to Barclays yesterday and they reckon loads of new customers avios plus cards won’t work yet and couldn’t give a ETA.

Shambles.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.