Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Are BA phone lines still unusable?

• slidey 285 posts

I just called the silver number (at least I think its the silver number, ends 009?) and got the ‘we cannot take your call’ message and then it hangs up.

Call the regular number and theyre apparently ‘really sorry they wont be able to take the call’, and hang up.

Are they still basically uncontactable on the phones?

Tocsin 61 posts

I just called the silver number (at least I think its the silver number, ends 009?) and got the ‘we cannot take your call’ message and then it hangs up.

Call the regular number and theyre apparently ‘really sorry they wont be able to take the call’, and hang up.

Are they still basically uncontactable on the phones?

Last week I got (Gold line and checked Silver once to see if the same) – two minutes of ‘please use ba.com’ and press buttons followed by ‘cannot take call’ – nine times. On the tenth call I got 50 minutes of hold music, and then a helpful agent who spent about half an hour sorting several cancellations aand misconnects on two (associated) bookings due in three weeks. This was from early afternoon onwards.

Persistence (and WFH) seems to be the only option 🙂

Not Long Now... 95 posts

I got through on the silver line 6 times last week, all within 5 minutes. Unfortunately, every time the rep refused to help as I wanted to make a new (holiday) booking, and they were insistent they couldn’t help.

SteveJ 975 posts

Never had an issue, call early or call an overseas office. No problems getting through with reasonable wait times. Not tried the UK number in the middle of the day as fully expect the above experience.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.