Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Avios booking problem – cannot change default passenger name

• gw57 28 posts

Am trying to book a AVIOS flight for a friend using my account, at the point where it asks for the passenger name it just displays me with no option to add the person I am trying to get a flight for. what am i doing wrong ?

SteveJ 977 posts

The need to be linked to you via friends and family.

ChrisC 956 posts

Have you unchecked these “is the person paying for these flights flying” box?

If you do then you should be able change your name for theirs.

gw57 28 posts

I have and it takes me to the “payment stage” without giving me the option to name the traveller so is that option after providing payment details ?

gw57 28 posts

get a message saying “due to restriction on ba.com you must be a passenger to make this booking with Avios” please contact your local executive club service center….

NorthernLass 7,471 posts

Probably just easier to add them to friends and family so you can autofill their details, if you can (you can only make so many changes within a certain period).

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

There was a bug – which impacted me – following the Amex IT changes which meant that, if in a HHA account, your name was hard-coded in. Luckily the only booking I’ve made for someone else since then for someone in my HHA and not with a 241, so it was no issue to log in as them and book.

Not checked recently to see if the problem is still there.

NorthernLass 7,471 posts

Is this the same bug which has made all the pax on one booking the same gender?!

I booked an avios flight for my son a few weeks ago, he’s on my HHA of course, but I booked and paid for it from my own account and there was no problem doing it.

memesweeper 1,243 posts

There was a bug – which impacted me – following the Amex IT changes which meant that, if in a HHA account, your name was hard-coded in. Luckily the only booking I’ve made for someone else since then for someone in my HHA and not with a 241, so it was no issue to log in as them and book.

Not checked recently to see if the problem is still there.

Avios IT changes for you mean?

I had the same issue (and used the same workaround) for my daughter last week

tiriavpo 311 posts

Probably one for the BA forum but, yes, this has been widely reported over on FlyerTalk too – including by people without a HHA and after changing the ‘who is paying’ bit – seems to be a(nother) IT glitch which can potentially only be solved by phoning – and good luck with that.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.