Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Avios not transferring from BA Amex?

• captainhowie 6 posts

Anyone else ever had an issue with giving the BA exec account number and it not linking to AMEX BA card properly.

Statements do not have a BA account number on and I have 50k odd Avios waiting to transfer but going no where.

Amex keep telling me to wait and blaming BA – saying they have rejected the transfer – despite all the details being correct.

Thanks!

SteveJ 978 posts
    alig4th 322 posts

Any suggestion AMEX are taking responsibility for this IT failure? I missed out on a rewards seat because AMEX mucked up here and I didn’t get my points to my Avios account in time!

SteveJ 978 posts

Any suggestion AMEX are taking responsibility for this IT failure? I missed out on a rewards seat because AMEX mucked up here and I didn’t get my points to my Avios account in time!

They blamed BA when I challenged them, so highly doubt they’ll take responsibility. I raised a complaint anyway.

can 506 posts

Yes. I spent hours on chat yesterday to get it fixed.
    It is so ridiculous

SteveJ 978 posts

Yes. I spent hours on chat yesterday to get it fixed.
    It is so ridiculous

Did they fix it for you on the spot and transfer your points, or just took the details and said they were on it?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

My wife had this issue on her new card. I did an online chat with Amex yesterday and it was all fixed (allegedly) inside 5 minutes. We need to see what happens at month-end of course.

SteveJ 978 posts

My wife had this issue on her new card. I did an online chat with Amex yesterday and it was all fixed (allegedly) inside 5 minutes. We need to see what happens at month-end of course.

This was my experience, supposedly all sorted but time will tell.

captainhowie 6 posts

After two attempts on chat and a complaint – they say they have fixed it – also provided 10k avios as a sorry for it not working as they said it was their fault – so all in all not bad.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.