Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Do I earn Avios and tier points on American Airlines?

• RB1988 8 posts

Hello;

I figure this is probably quite an amateur question for this forum, so please forgive me, I am looking to book an American Airways flight inside the US. Is it possible to add my BAEC number to the booking so I can gain Avios and Tier points? I made a booking with AA last year, before covid anyway, and there wasn’t an option to do so, only their own club.

Thanks in advance for any help;
    Robert.

Wayland 7 posts

Yes, this should be possible. I’ve always credited my AA flights to BA exec club. Normally it’s just an option on a drop-down online.

JAXBA 7 posts

It’s possible, and has been since 1998. Can add your BAEC number to the AA booking when making it, when looking it up on AA.com, by talking to AA on the phone, or asking staff at the airport counters.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Farnborough_Flyer 2 posts

You can rack up Avios and Tier points quite quickly on AA, the only thing you don’t get is qualifying flights, which you will need to be able to change BA status.

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    189 posts
    grahamrb 15 posts

Yep, definitely possible. I completed a domestic flight in the US a couple of days ago the flight when via another city and only the second leg has posted on my balance so I need to contact BA about that.
    If you’re hunting tier points it’s likely worth looking at paying for first class on AA domestic – it wasn’t much more expensive, the seats are very nice and I got waaaay more tier points than I would have if I’d booked economy.

RB1988 8 posts

Thanks everyone for the replies 😀

Robert.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.