Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Avios to Nectar conversion rate change

• Peter K 553 posts

Awful news. Can anyone confirm that after we have converted the 50,000 manually we can still convert 25,000 by auto-conversion on top of that?

Did the 50k and auto convert last week. Got an email today saying auto convert successfully moved 25k over. It’s been taken from my Avios balance but will take 12 days to show up in Nectar

Yes, at least that long.

John 1,000 posts

Easy enough to empty my offspring’s BA a/cs and convert Avios to Nectar, opening new Nectar a/cs for them (they both gave me permission). Only about something short of 60000 Avios as I/ my wife are the main collectors.

Next on the agenda would be opening Ebay a/cs for them so we can use the credits.

Age limit 18YO to open Nectar a/c so my daughter can’t go for it.

Had to mess about with VPNs to do certain bits in the procedure.

There’s no requirement for the avios and nectar accounts to have the same name. Also, multiple avios accounts can connect to one nectar, though there wasn’t enough time to do this and it is a bit risky. You can use as many nectar accounts with one ebay account as you like, though only one at a time. You do not need to use a real name on ebay unless you are selling.

In my experience Nectar doesn’t like VPNs unless they appear to be in the UK, it won’t even show the log in page. Though once you have logged in from the UK, it doesn’t seem to mind that you instantly teleport 5000 miles.

Ant68 56 posts

Can I ask when the Nectar to Avios conversion rate changed? I transferred some Avios to Nectar on November 3rd, before the Avios-Nectar conversion rate changed, following advice from what I thought were more experienced people. I got 80k Nectar points in exchange for 50k avios. I’d naively assumed that I could transfer them back if I needed to and get 50k avios. But when I try to convert 80,999 nectar points today I’m told I’ll only get 38,372 avios . The conversion rate is not what I expected.

Am I doing something wrong? Or did I miss a Nectar devaluation?

Doh! I see – they’re not showing me how many avios I’ll get for 80,999 nectar points, they’re showing me how many avios I have in my BA account already. Phew.

nectar collector 281 posts

Deleted

Ant68 56 posts

Thanks, I knew about that which is why I transferred 50k avios TO nectar before the change. It was the exchange rate today, from Nectar to Avios, that I was querying. I’ve edited my post above because I’ve realised my error. They were telling me how many avios I already have, in the box next to how many nectar points I currently have. I mistook it for the conversion. I was in such a panic I didn’t read it properly.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.