Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA cancellation: rebook to airport within 300 miles?

• MKB 71 posts

On a return booking from LHR to Gothenburg (GOT), BA have cancelled the return flight that was scheduled at 21:20 non-stop on Sunday 19 June.

The last connection into LHR is on Lufthansa at 18:45, so I would lose some holiday time and arrive LHR later. BA are prepared to re-book me on this connection.

I noticed there is a later departure on LH at 19:20 that would get me to Birmingham, which is closer to where I live. I would have been prepared to accept the loss of two hours holiday time for the convenience of getting home earlier, but BA says that its 300-mile policy does not apply to the return airport.

Am I right in thinking that I don’t have any grounds to challenge BA’s position?

Jacob 223 posts

The 300-miles radius rule is for origin and/or destination. I had successfully managed to get either changed, but never even tried only the return airport. They would have to change the origin (from LHR to BHX so your itinerary would have to be BHX-GOT-BHX) but I doubt they would be able to combine it with the LH connection.

Btw, I’m pleased to see they offered you a LH connection without any issues.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.