Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Do I need to ring BA to use a Future Travel Voucher?

• RyanB 29 posts

I currently have a 2 future travel vouchers from a flight booking that was cancelled for myself and my partner. They include about £1700 and 100,000 Avios in total.

Can I ring BA to use this voucher to make a redemption booking? I would like to use the money to pay about £1200 worth of taxes and fees, I want to use my new 2-4-1 voucher and then the flights also require 125,000 Avios so want to use the ones tied up in this voucher plus the rest from my account.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

tiriavpo 311 posts

Yes, that should be. You have to call to use the FTV and a redemption FTV can only be used for another redemption booking. You can top up, or get a refund, of any difference in cash or avios or both. Did the original trip use a 241 voucher? If so, that remains embedded in the FTV and can be re-used.

If not, I have never tried to use a new 241 with an existing FTV but I don’t see why this shouldn’t work. If push comes to shove, you can cancel the FTV, just as if it was still a flight, and get a refund of fees and avios and then start again – although you would incur £35pp cancellation fee.

RyanB 29 posts

Unfortunately it was a cash booking. I paid for premium economy and then upgraded to business with Avios. I should of mentioned this first off.

This is why I am unsure if I can use it and was wondering if anyone had done the same thing without me having to sit on hold for hours to get told it can’t be done

Goldpeter 2 posts

How long is it taking for BA to generate an FTV ?
    I cancelled a booking with them on the telephone 10 days ago .
    I checked on the MMB email which has changed to a message saying that it should take 48 hours but possibly longer due to delays.
    But how long ? Anyone have an idea ?

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    RobL 72 posts

How long is it taking for BA to generate an FTV ?
    I cancelled a booking with them on the telephone 10 days ago .
    I checked on the MMB email which has changed to a message saying that it should take 48 hours but possibly longer due to delays.
    But how long ? Anyone have an idea ?

I requested a FTV online today. Came through within the hour.

w6wayne@icloud.com 2 posts

I got mine within the hour also

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.