Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA or AA for World Traveller Plus?

• hugo r 280 posts

Advice please , travelling premium economy to New York , which is better BA or AA , wanting to book a BA holiday to New York , either airline is the same price . Out of the 2 which is better

ChrisC 956 posts

depends what criteria mean the most to you – seat / IFE / food / arrivals experience

Why not try each airline on one leg each?

PGW 94 posts

Free seat selection on AA for non status passengers is worth taking into account when comparing the fares

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Richie 981 posts

I’ve studied this recently and my view is BA because the cabin is bigger with more rows with more choice of good seats. On AA you’re more likely to end up with a seat near the loo, or near bassinet positions. This applies to AA B77W aircraft which are operated on this route and BA B772 & W aircraft.

SteveJ 977 posts

Did they roll out the new BA WTP seat on all aircraft? If so they’re better than AA.

But the older dated BA WTP seats AA beats BA hands down IMHO.

Mirp 41 posts

Opt for BA on the way back to retain your EU261 rights.

masaccio 719 posts

Much of a muchness. Service on AA is terrible but then BA is often nothing to write home about unless you have status. You will see the crew during the meal and never again.

njb 65 posts

My last trip was WTP on BA back from New York. Daytime flight. Only good thing was extra space which I wanted. Didn’t feel the short daytime flight warranted using the extra avios for Club. Everything was a bit lacklustre – particularly crew service.

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    189 posts

Those are valid regardless, as long as you are flying to a UK or EU airport.

Jacob 223 posts

That’s not correct. For arrivals it only applies to UK/EU airlines. All airlines for departures from UK/EU.

SteveJ 977 posts

Flights from outside the EU into the EU on a non EU carrier are not covered by EU261

PGW 94 posts

I’m not usually a taker of WT+ but I have recently noticed that WT+ on the eastbound only is frequently very little different in price from a WT return. In those circumstances I feel there is some value there.

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    189 posts

That’s not correct. For arrivals it only applies to UK/EU airlines. All airlines for departures from UK/EU.

I stand corrected! I mistakenly thought it was all flights that arrive in UK/EU.

Mirp 41 posts

Yes that is what I was referring to. BA on the way home from the US is preferred for that reason.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.