Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• pbcold 346 posts

Sorry if I have missed this but I have have received a series of emails today refunding my FTVs – Avios already back in my account. Is this a new policy?

NorthernLass 7,464 posts

Been going on for a few weeks for FTVs without 241s attached.

pbcold 346 posts

I`m so behind the times – many thanks.

pbcold 346 posts

Are they doing the same for cash only and/or holiday vouchers do you know please?

NorthernLass 7,464 posts

Not as far as I know – but I think the issue with the FTVs was that they were causing a lot of extra phone traffic, whereas I think most cash only ones can be used online (or via email).

pbcold 346 posts

That makes sense, thank you again.

ChrisC 956 posts

NL is correct. Using avios vouchers is taking an age to process over the phone so easier to refund and allow people to self serve.

Cash only 125-4 vouchers can be used online. Refunding those would mean losing that cash if people decided to use thst cash to book with another airline,

I’d assume that in the scheme of things BA Holiday vouchers are a much smaller cohort and you can use them off line after making a booking it’s less pressure on the phone.

pbcold 346 posts

Yes, all good points. Can holiday vouchers be used for flight-only bookings do you know?

NorthernLass 7,464 posts

You can try emailing BA Holidays with the new booking ref and asking them to apply the voucher. Don’t mention what the new booking is. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

John 1,000 posts

Got email about FTV refund last week of Jan. Money is back on Amex and already sent to bank account, but Avios still not refunded. How long more should I wait?

Richie 978 posts

I cancelled an Avios booking today and now have an FTV, is it likely to be refunded soon?

lollyfry 44 posts

I had a FTV refund initiated on 24 Jan – cash back on credit card on 27 Jan but still waiting for the Avios to come back… messaged on Twitter to chase a week ago and apparently ‘back office’ are looking into it

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

I cancelled an Avios booking today and now have an FTV, is it likely to be refunded soon?

If it is for a lot of cash, no – BA likes to keep it. If it’s for £17.50 taxes then, yes, it will most likely be broken up but there are a few hundred thousand ahead of you I guess ….

Richie 978 posts

If it is for a lot of cash, no – BA likes to keep it…..

Are BA obliged to get in touch with the NBSU when they decide to hold on to money for too long?

SteveJ 977 posts

If it is for a lot of cash, no – BA likes to keep it…..

Are BA obliged to get in touch with the NBSU when they decide to hold on to money for too long?

NBSU?

Lady London 2,020 posts

NBSU? @Richie do tell us more.

GWarwickM 6 posts

I’m just about to cancel a Avios 2-4-1 booking and want the extension through the FTV. However, when using MmB and selecting cancel, it looks as it’s going immediately though to requesting a refund. Is there anyway of forcing it to a FTV? Is this linked to the ongoing process of converting them?

BenM 42 posts

Hi
    I would also like to extend a 241 by cancelling a new booking. Is this still going to work or will they refund and return the original 241?

Thanks!

Cranzle 271 posts

I’m just about to cancel a Avios 2-4-1 booking and want the extension through the FTV. However, when using MmB and selecting cancel, it looks as it’s going immediately though to requesting a refund. Is there anyway of forcing it to a FTV? Is this linked to the ongoing process of converting them?

Unfortunately I do not remember the exact process I followed, but I distinctly remember it being slightly unclear with one particular section completely inaccurate (I think it forces
    you to choose an option for a different type of voucher, it doesn’t state Future Travel Voucher).
    I think I followed an article on here and took a leap of faith at the last stage. Apologies for being vague, I do wish there were step by step guides available on blogs, I like child like instructions!!

Richie 978 posts

NBSU? @Richie do tell us more.

Bank of England’s New Bank Start-up Unit.

Jacob 223 posts

Hi
    I would also like to extend a 241 by cancelling a new booking. Is this still going to work or will they refund and return the original 241?

Thanks!

I don’t think there have been any reports of FTV refunds which included 241 (yet). I’m planning to do the same in a few weeks.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.