Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help BA refusing to rebook on non oneworld airline

• Olly 242 posts

Thanks Sam – if you could have a look that would be appreciated.

Was scheduled for tonight – 8.10pm, BA0504 LHR – LIS

dougzz99 623 posts

Post-script – was en route to the airport when I got a text to say the flight had been cancelled, with the replacement offered on Saturday night. Farcical.

There doesn’t appear to be sufficient seats on any alternative airlines in the next 2 days, so looks like this trip isn’t happening sadly.

So, onto the compensation questions:

1. How can I find out the reason for cancellation?
    2. Our flight out was with BA, but our flight back was due to be with another carrier – can we claim for that return journey and our other related losses (hotels, parking, transfers at the other end) we will have incurred?

Flight cancellation code was HDLY, the Y at the end means compensation payable.

I don’t think you can claim for the consequential stuff, that’s for travel insurance.

Olly 242 posts

Thanks Doug. Have spoken to the insurer and they said we’re covered, so that’s something. Now just need to get hold of BA to process the compensation

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.